Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi PC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi PC

Is it possible to do a citi product change though the chat function?
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Citi PC

Probably, best way to find out is hop on chat and inquire. If they say no, just call in.
Message 2 of 17
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Yes, it is.

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Yes, it is.

I never knew that... I always get prompted to call in. 

Message 4 of 17
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Yes, it is.

YMMV then.  We were able to PC DW's old Diamond Preferred into Double Cash via chat when the codes she was repeatedly getting in the mail encouraging her to PC weren't working.  Just saw your mention about also having to call in for APR decrease in another thread; again, that was one where I hopped on chat for her every other day and got it stepped down 2% at a time until the last one (1%), from 25.49% to 14.49%.

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Yes, it is.

YMMV then.  We were able to PC DW's old Diamond Preferred into Double Cash via chat when the codes she was repeatedly getting in the mail encouraging her to PC weren't working.  Just saw your mention about also having to call in for APR decrease in another thread; again, that was one where I hopped on chat for her every other day and got it stepped down 2% at a time until the last one (1%), from 25.49% to 14.49%.

Regarding the APR decrease, you usually get a larger decrease over the phone than over chat. 

I'll have to try PC over chat a few times the next time I feel like changing my card. 

Message 6 of 17
jl4
Established Contributor

I tried to do it through chat (Diamond Preferred => Prestige) and I was told I had to call in.

EQ8: 779 (Inq: 1) | TU8: 771 (Inq: 0) | EX8: 763 (Inq: 4)
Total Rev: $182,500
Message 7 of 17
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@jl4 wrote:

I tried to do it through chat (Diamond Preferred => Prestige) and I was told I had to call in.

I think I'm making that same request next month.  So this is either a YMMV situation, or maybe since she was getting constant weekly postcards from Citi to get her to switch, there was already an offer our chat agent could see?

Message 8 of 17
jl4
Established Contributor

Mine wasn't an offer, just a run-of-the-mill "I want that now, please" scenario, so it's definitely possible an offer would make for a more flexible scenario.

EQ8: 779 (Inq: 1) | TU8: 771 (Inq: 0) | EX8: 763 (Inq: 4)
Total Rev: $182,500
Message 9 of 17
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

As @K-in-Boston pointed out, yes in a variety of cases you can request a PC via chat and I've been able to do that with previous card versions. There's been a few times where I had to call them, but otherwise chat worked as well.

I would imagine it also depends on product eligibility and the features that can only be changed via chat vs calling in.
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.