Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Plat Select Recon Chances...

tag
Andy77
Valued Contributor

Citi Plat Select Recon Chances...

I have had a Citi Secured card for 15 months...never late, never over CL, never returned pmt, always PIF

So, I applied for a Plat Select Card and got declined due to:

BK on credit report (1.5 yrs old)

Delinquent Credit Obligations on Credit Report Paid or Unpaid

So I wrote them this...

Reference #:             20110204XXXXXXXX 

To Whom It May Concern:

I am asking a credit analyst to re-evaluate my application under the above reference number because I have worked SO SO SO hard proving myself to Citicards with the account number below:

Citi Account:                         5424-1808-XXXX-XXXX

Over the last 15 months I have:

ü never been late

ü never over credit limit

ü never had a returned payment.

There is no other way I can prove myself to you.

I am asking you make an exception and approve the application under reference number: 201102XXXXXXX

I am asking you to approve this new account because if I maintained my current

Citi account (5424-180X-XXX-XXX) for 15 months,

Why would I get a new account and default on that one?

Thank you for allowing me this opportunity, I truly appreciate this!

Do you think I might have a chance at being approved?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Citi Plat Select Recon Chances...

I have never heard of recon with citi.... they let the computers do all the approving and denying.

Message 2 of 9
Andy77
Valued Contributor

I imagine a computer approves or declines everything, but when I got my secured card 15 months ago I was told a manager over-rode the computer decision, this is why I asked for an actualy analyst to re-evaluate the applicaton.

What that in mind, do you think I could have a chance?

Message 3 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Do you have a recent Fico Score?

Also Citi wants you to have the secured card for 18 months and then they look at unsecured.

Message 4 of 9
Andy77
Valued Contributor

Yeah, I understand about how they can possibly unsecure the secured card after 18 months.  My Fako was 659.

It is my hope that they pull up the internal profile of the secured card and see that I maintained it VERY well and from a logical standpoint if I maintained one account with them perfectly ...why would I handle another account in a negative fashion...

Message 5 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

What is your secured CL

do you have any other credit besides this secured card?

Fako also can be drastically different then an actual Fico which is what Citi is using

Message 6 of 9
JaseT
Established Contributor

@Andy77 wrote:

Yeah, I understand about how they can possibly unsecure the secured card after 18 months.  My Fako was 659.

It is my hope that they pull up the internal profile of the secured card and see that I maintained it VERY well and [b] from a logical standpoint [/b] if I maintained one account with them perfectly ...why would I handle another account in a negative fashion...

Who said credit was logical?  Smiley Wink

BK7 Filed 12/16, Discharged 3/17 *** Current Revolving CL Total $122.1k *** PIF/AZEO
6/19 FICO SCORES:
On My Radar Cards: Nothing ATM
Future Goal Cards: US Bank Cash +, Citi Double Cash, Discover It, BoA Cash Rewards, USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex
Message 7 of 9
Andy77
Valued Contributor

HA HA ...Right...of course it isn't and nor is a computer...but maybe a person ie...the analyst is...lol

Message 8 of 9
JaseT
Established Contributor

@Andy77 wrote:

HA HA ...Right...of course it isn't and nor is a computer...but maybe a person ie...the analyst is...lol

Sometimes you have to wonder!

BK7 Filed 12/16, Discharged 3/17 *** Current Revolving CL Total $122.1k *** PIF/AZEO
6/19 FICO SCORES:
On My Radar Cards: Nothing ATM
Future Goal Cards: US Bank Cash +, Citi Double Cash, Discover It, BoA Cash Rewards, USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.