Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Platinum Select AAdvantageWorld MasterCard

tag
princeromeo
Regular Contributor

Citi Platinum Select AAdvantageWorld MasterCard

I just applied and got this message  

Thank you +++++++++++. We have received your application and further processing is required at this time. We will contact you within a week via email regarding our decision. Thank you for requesting a Citi® Platinum Select® / AAdvantage® World MasterCard®.

Do i have a chance or am i denied?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Citi Platinum Select AAdvantageWorld MasterCard

@princeromeo wrote:

I just applied and got this message  

Thank you +++++++++++. We have received your application and further processing is required at this time. We will contact you within a week via email regarding our decision. Thank you for requesting a Citi® Platinum Select® / AAdvantage® World MasterCard®.

Do i have a chance or am i denied?

Toss up. They might want to verify your identity in the next few days.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 15
princeromeo
Regular Contributor

does citi instantly deny?

Message 3 of 15
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@princeromeo wrote:

does citi instantly deny?

Yes, if your credit file does not meet the requirements of the computer.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 15
frogfan12
Established Contributor

If you're new to Citi, they will want to verify info. Once you're in with them, they will easily approve you. My first app with Citi, I had to wait nearly 2 weeks to be approved after a verification process. For my second card, I was instantly approved online.

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 5 of 15
frogfan12
Established Contributor

What are your scores? And other CC balances? Credit history? Those all play a role in a CCC's decision for approval.

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 6 of 15
princeromeo
Regular Contributor

my score is 630  i was dnied because of inqs  i called today, the lady i spoke to said they dont do recons  im really mad i wanted to get into the door with citi. Any one had luck with recons with citi?

Message 7 of 15
mxp114
Valued Contributor

I don't know of any recon success, the reps simply uphold the systematic decline. I think supervisors have very narrow overturn powers but you have to be extremely close, as in one INQ too many, etc. AFAIK no one has the power to reverse the generated decline.

Message 8 of 15
JMN
Frequent Contributor

While approvals have happened with a 630 and Citi before, it's rare. I'd suggest waiting until your score improves and your INQs drop off.

Despite my employment in the banking industry, any and all views contained in this post are purely my own, and do not represent any financial institution, nor constitute as financial or investment guidance or advise.
Message 9 of 15
princeromeo
Regular Contributor

I just called citi and wasted no time,asked for a senior account manager she came on the phone and was very nice i told can you please reconsider my app,  i recently was looking for a car loan thats why i have several inqs. She put me on hold and came back to say call back in 24-48 hours for status on my app,  she was gonna put back my app in the system   anyone else experience this?

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.