Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Platinum Select to Dividends World Elite

tag
shinedown87
Regular Contributor

Citi Platinum Select to Dividends World Elite

I called in this morning to PC my Citi Platinum Select card that I have had since 2005 to a Citi Dividends World Mastercard. Eventually I want to try to get the Dividends World Elite version.

The account manager gave me the product change without problems, but said my card wouldn't be switched over until November 30 (she said that it has to be that way to allow me to change my mind).

Is there anyway to get the PC to happen now, instead of waiting until November 30?
Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Platinum Select to Dividends World Elite

I did PC also last month. They told me it would take 45 days to do it. However, I got my new card  in 5 days with different acct # and on credit report I kept the age of the account.

I PC my citi platinum select to citi ty premier with chip for my future travel oversea.

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 2 of 35
shinedown87
Regular Contributor

Good news. Thanks! I was a little concerned about how it would appear on my credit report.
Message 3 of 35
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

For some reason I can't find the World Mastercard in the CIti webpage.

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 4 of 35
shinedown87
Regular Contributor

I am on my phone and haven't tried locating it on the website. I knew the card existed from other threads at myfico so I called and asked for it specifically.
Message 5 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would love this card. I have a Plat Select Dividend Visa. Is there an annual fee on the World Elite MC? Also, does anyone have a picture? 

Message 6 of 35
shinedown87
Regular Contributor

No AF from what I understand.
Message 7 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had my Plat Div Visa for 3.5 years now, 10k limit, perfect payment history & am now waiting the required 45 days to get my Dividend World Elite MC w/EMV chip. Smiley Happy Very very happy..thank you for this thread. The benefits are far too good to pass up for a $0 AF. I'm getting the same benefits as an AMEX Plat holder (pretty much). Awesome awesome awesome.

The only "negative" (not to me because I PIF every month) is that my interest rate went from 11% to 14%. I'm thrilled.

Message 8 of 35
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

Yes, where is this card?

I would love to app for the World E MC Dividend rather than the Platiumn Visa Dividend one 

Link?

Message 9 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ccnewcc wrote:

Yes, where is this card?

I would love to app for the World E MC Dividend rather than the Platiumn Visa Dividend one 

Link?

Unfortunately, you cannot apply for this card, only be upgraded to it. From my understanding, you need to be a cardholder for at least 12 months with perfect payment history & a high fico score.

Message 10 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.