Did you mean: 

Citi Platinum Select to Dividends World Elite

tag
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Platinum Select to Dividends World Elite

@L-TWT wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I can't believe this card comes with priority pass, concierge & the ability to earn cashback (and all of the other benefits) for no annual fee... this is amazing.

Sorry to break the news, citi cards no longer offers " Priority Pass" they recently switched to "Lounge First Airport Lounge Access Program" I learned the hard way when I tried to use my Priority Pass Select Card for lounge access during my flight lay-over and it was not recognized in the system!Smiley Mad

Lounge First is awful, so much so that it may not even be worth having. Many of the higher-end travel cards have swapped from using Priority Pass Select to Lounge Club, which essentially halves the number of available lounges worldwide. Lounge First is a huge step below that =/

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 21 of 35
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

Thank you so much for all the info.

Based on the perks and the fact that my Dividend could just be PCed, I'm loving this card.

The main reason is the airport benefits. I'm expecting to purchase a couple of seats for oversees flights next year and was really looking for a flight insurance card as we were stuck once in the airport for more than a day because there were not enough seats in our plane (go figure!). Besides that, the concierge and PriceAssure will always come in handy Smiley Very Happy

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 22 of 35
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

Sorry to break the news, citi cards no longer offers " Priority Pass" they recently switched to "Lounge First Airport Lounge Access Program" I learned the hard way when I tried to use my Priority Pass Select Card for lounge access during my flight lay-over and it was not recognized in the system!Smiley Mad

Lounge First is awful, so much so that it may not even be worth having. Many of the higher-end travel cards have swapped from using Priority Pass Select to Lounge Club, which essentially halves the number of available lounges worldwide. Lounge First is a huge step below that =/

Does anyone know where to see the T&C and info brouchures on Lounge First?

When you google it, it takes you to citi's travel benefits site, but if you don't have a citi account you can't see anything.

I would like to know just how "awful" Lounge First is.

Message 23 of 35
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@ccnewcc wrote:

Does anyone know where to see the T&C and info brouchures on Lounge First?

When you google it, it takes you to citi's travel benefits site, but if you don't have a citi account you can't see anything.

I would like to know just how "awful" Lounge First is.

You can read briefly about Lounge First here: http://www.drcreditcard.net/citi-thankyou-prestige.html

Basically it allows you to purchase UA or US day passes for $32. While this is a discount from the standard $50, it's still nothing to get excited about.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 24 of 35
mxp114
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Unfortunately, you cannot apply for this card, only be upgraded to it. From my understanding, you need to be a cardholder for at least 12 months with perfect payment history & a high fico score.

Not true, I was upgraded by Citi without asking under 6 months of account opening.

@ccnewcc wrote:

ah okay, well thats really good to know.  so when i get ready to app for the Visa one then only 12 short months to World E status!

Also not true, the criteria is undisclosed however some people even with several years tenure do not qualify.

@CreditScholar wrote:

I agree, it is awful and disappointing. My Discover comes with Lounge Club which is much better. LF is basically a voucher system, you prepay vouchers and print them out to visit a specific lounge. Lounge Club is much better because it's a membership card like Priority Pass, so you can visit any participating lounge by just showing your card. LF requires planning and sometimes you don't know you want lounge access until you need it at the airport at the last minute. I hope Citi switches soon.

@annab wrote:

found this in an article: "World Elite will create a distinct brand position for MasterCard within the elite affluent demographic, defined as those with annual household incomes greater than $250,000."

There's nothing elite about World Elite, when people spending $100 each cycle qualify. The only thing elite about it, are the higher interchange fees charged to merchants for accepting one lol

Message 25 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

While reading about the upgrade, I saw one of these forums a few months ago about the WE card where people were saying they called CS and were sent a prioritypass and apparently they will give you. Can anyone confirm this? Still, this card with a $0 AF even without PP is a winner in my eyes.

Message 26 of 35
mxp114
Valued Contributor

A year ago PP was eliminated, in fact no credit card issues PP due to some agreement change. There's now a specific financial insitution issued PP called Lounge Club https://www.loungeclub.com/en/ LC and PP are both part of the Priority Travel Group.

Message 27 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mxp114 wrote:

A year ago PP was eliminated, in fact no credit card issues PP due to some agreement change. There's now a specific financial insitution issued PP called Lounge Club https://www.loungeclub.com/en/ LC and PP are both part of the Priority Travel Group.

Thanks for the reply. Is that what comes with this card or Lounge First, like I read up there? I'm confused because a forum relating to this upgrade (a few months ago) stated that people actually got the priority pass. Thank you again.

Message 28 of 35
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Citi does LoungeFirst which is that voucher system I posted about earlier. Can you pm me the link to that forum? I did read one poster that claims he was sent a Lounge Club card from Citi but that is inaccurate. Citi went from PP to LF as of 11/1/11.

Message 29 of 35
shinedown87
Regular Contributor

After reading through the comments on this thread, it appears that access to the Lounge First program is not much of a benefit at all.  

Are there any real benefits of the World Elite Mastercard over the World Mastercard?  Maybe I should have just stayed with my Citi Platinum Select Mastercard instead of switching to the Dividends, to eventually get the Elite?

Message 30 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.