Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Pre-Approval Sites

tag
NYFan63
Established Contributor

Citi Pre-Approval Sites

Has anyone been approved for a Citi credit card even though their pre-approval site says:

First Name Last Name, we couldn't match your records to a Pre-Qualified credit card offer. See below for 4 other cards you may like.

First card that comes up is the Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World MasterCard®

Penfed Platinum Sig Visa $33k, PenFed PLOC $25k, NFCU Cash VISA Sig 22k, NFCU Visa Flagship 22k, CAP1 Venture $23k, CAP1 Venture One $15k, NFCU NAV Check $15k, Barclays Arrival $13,2k, DCU VISA 5k, Cap1 QS 7.5k, WF Finance 3.5k, Merrick 2.2k, Barclays Apple Financing 6.1k BestBuy 5k >Ch7 BK filed 8/09; DC 01/10 EQ 636 Nov 13;
EQ08 718 | TU 731 | EXP 728
Inqs: EQ 11, TU 8, EXP 11(last 2 yrs)
Goal 750+ In the Garden til

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Citi Pre-Approval Sites

I'm sure there's plenty of posters on here who cold apped and got approved.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NYFan63 wrote:

Has anyone been approved for a Citi credit card even though their pre-approval site says:

First Name Last Name, we couldn't match your records to a Pre-Qualified credit card offer. See below for 4 other cards you may like.

First card that comes up is the Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World MasterCard®

I have been approved for 3 Citi cards with a total of $75.5K in limits and never once received a preapproval.

Message 3 of 15
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@NYFan63 wrote:

I have been approved for 3 Citi cards with a total of $75.5K in limits and never once received a preapproval.

This is encouraging... their preapproval site has always come back with nothing found for me as well.

It's a big reason I haven't tried to get a card with Citi, although from some of the feedback I read about them I might be better off just sticking with my QuickSilver.

Message 4 of 15
NYFan63
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@NYFan63 wrote:

Thanks Irish! 

One more question:  Do we know if Citi approves those who have had a CH7 BK DC'd?   I do have a Best Buy Credt card serviced by Citi.  I requested a $4k CLI from $1k to $5k this past weekend as I am upgrading my kitchen appliances.  They approved me - maybe I could have asked for more??

Thanks again!

Penfed Platinum Sig Visa $33k, PenFed PLOC $25k, NFCU Cash VISA Sig 22k, NFCU Visa Flagship 22k, CAP1 Venture $23k, CAP1 Venture One $15k, NFCU NAV Check $15k, Barclays Arrival $13,2k, DCU VISA 5k, Cap1 QS 7.5k, WF Finance 3.5k, Merrick 2.2k, Barclays Apple Financing 6.1k BestBuy 5k >Ch7 BK filed 8/09; DC 01/10 EQ 636 Nov 13;
EQ08 718 | TU 731 | EXP 728
Inqs: EQ 11, TU 8, EXP 11(last 2 yrs)
Goal 750+ In the Garden til

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NYFan63 wrote:

Yes, never a pre-approval for me either and got two of their cards.  

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

They can never match me to any offers either, but I did receive a pre-selected mailer yesterday for their Diamond Preferred card (but yet still no match online). Does anyone know if their mailers are solid? I know this isn't the best card, but I'm wondering if it's a good option to get in with Citi. I'm just afraid to go for their mailer and then get denied. Anyone have any experience with this?

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

They can never match me to any offers either, but I did receive a pre-selected mailer yesterday for their Diamond Preferred card (but yet still no match online). Does anyone know if their mailers are solid? I know this isn't the best card, but I'm wondering if it's a good option to get in with Citi. I'm just afraid to go for their mailer and then get denied. Anyone have any experience with this?

Generally considered solid if they give you a specific APR and not just a range.

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Generally considered solid if they give you a specific APR and not just a range.

Thank you Irish! They did give me a specific APR (and it wasn't good - 20.99%) Do you think if I ignore this mailer they might send me another with a better offer?

Message 9 of 15
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you Irish! They did give me a specific APR (and it wasn't good - 20.99%) Do you think if I ignore this mailer they might send me another with a better offer?

They did for me I finally accepted 14.9% they varied every week it seemed.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.