Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Pre-Selected

tag
kwazziee
Regular Contributor

Citi Pre-Selected

I applied and got approve for a Citi ThankYou card two weeks ago. Today in the mail I receive a mail from Citibank offering me another card. It said Pre-Selected attached with a number for a Citi Diamond Preferred. I remember people saying pre-select is not as guarantee as pre-approval. Any thought in this case? Should I apply  and what are my chance since it onlu pre-selected?

EDIT: typo

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
kwazziee
Regular Contributor

Re: Citi Pre-Selected

BUMP. Anyone?

Message 2 of 8
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Well, since nobody is willing to takle this one. I will put in my 1 1/2 cents.

I think if you just received a card from them, you should wait before another app. They like to see one year of history on new accounts. I think you were just part of their mass marketing and do not actually stand to be approved.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 3 of 8
rudy0720
Regular Contributor

it. I got pre-Selected Diamond Preferred in February of this year. Then they sentSimplicity, then came Thank You Preferred and then American Airlines Platinum. All 4 approved between Feb-June 2012.

Citi Thank You Premier Visa Signature-$9K, Citi Thank You Preferred Vis Signature-$8.3K, Citi AA Signature- 8.5K, Citi Simplicity 9.2K, Citi Diamond-6.1K, Lowes-$10K, Chase Sapphire Preferred- $ 5K, AMEX BCE $14.5K, AMEX Starwood Preferred $15K, ,AMEX Everyday-$5K, Fidelity Amex-$10K, US Bank 123 rewards Kroger-$17K, Penfed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature-$30K, Amex Delta-$10K, Barclay Arrival Plus- $10K, Penfed Travel Rewards Amex-$10K, Bank of America Cash Rewards- $14K
Message 4 of 8
rudy0720
Regular Contributor

Sorry, go for the app got cut of in my original message. 4 Citi cards in 4 months this year

Citi Thank You Premier Visa Signature-$9K, Citi Thank You Preferred Vis Signature-$8.3K, Citi AA Signature- 8.5K, Citi Simplicity 9.2K, Citi Diamond-6.1K, Lowes-$10K, Chase Sapphire Preferred- $ 5K, AMEX BCE $14.5K, AMEX Starwood Preferred $15K, ,AMEX Everyday-$5K, Fidelity Amex-$10K, US Bank 123 rewards Kroger-$17K, Penfed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature-$30K, Amex Delta-$10K, Barclay Arrival Plus- $10K, Penfed Travel Rewards Amex-$10K, Bank of America Cash Rewards- $14K
Message 5 of 8
snowkitty
Established Contributor

I just posted a thread about preapproval offers because they confuse me....lol....I've gotten two preapprovals for the same cards I have Cat Frustrated

TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 6 of 8
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

**I have Citi Thank You Premier**

I got an invitation to join Citi Thank You Prefered Card aka pre-approvel.

I call them and ask why do I get this offer? They explained to me that because my product change from Citi Platinum Select to TY Premier is not finalizing (take 45 days), therefore, in the system I am still being seen as having Citi Platinum Select. Since the account is in good standing from 4/11, I was offered to join.

I hope this would help.

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 7 of 8
my25reasons
Regular Contributor

I get a preapproved for the citi diamond preferred in the mail about once a week. I don't see how the rewards/benefits of having the card are that great. If you want credit just to have credit, apply and see what happens. IMO, I would shop around and apply for a card that caters to you and your needs.

In my wallet:
Discover More / Chase Amazon / Chase Freedom /Chase Business Ink / Chase Slate / Capital One Cash Rewards / Walmart Discover / Kohls / JCPenny / Home Depot / Art Van

Experian Direct PLUS scores: Experian 744/ Equifax 763/ TU 744
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.