Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi PreQuals

tag
ldkcivilservant
Frequent Contributor

Citi PreQuals

Morning all!

Pre-qualified through their site for the Citi Rewards+ @ the cards lowest rate of 15.49% (after the 0% intro APR)

How solid are their pre-quals?

Thanks!

NFCU Platinum $50k | Amex Delta Platinum $25k | Elan Financial $19.7k | Chase Freedom Unlimited $16k | Bank Americard $16k | Discover IT $13K | NFCU Flagship Rewards $10k | GS AppleCard $5.5k | Citi Simplicity $3k
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Citi PreQuals

While not 100% guaranteed (as with any pre-approved offer), they're fairly solid for the most part.
Message 2 of 9
Remedios
Credit Mentor

They must be pretty solid, I never had one 🤷‍♀️

Message 3 of 9
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

My first Citi card was a prequalification (Diamond Preferred at 12.24%) and was instantly approved. As long as one APR is showing rather than a range, they do tend to be pretty solid offers.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pre-approved for citi costco for $4k SL in july I think and got it. I had very low scores compared to what I have now and near maxed out on multiple cards and >65% aggregate UTI. (I think scores were around 640 ish) 

My two cents from personal experience is prequal is solid with citi.

Message 5 of 9
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

I was denied even though I've been getting letters from them and pre-qualified on their website. 

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 6 of 9
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Queen_Etherea wrote:

I was denied even though I've been getting letters from them and pre-qualified on their website. 

Ouch.  Have you had any previous negative accounts with Citi or CBNA?

Message 7 of 9
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@Queen_Etherea wrote:

Ouch.  Have you had any previous negative accounts with Citi or CBNA?

Nope. My utilization is at 4% and I have no negatives whatsoever. I've never done business with Citi or CBNA. The pre-qual even showed a solid APR and not a range.

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 8 of 9
ldkcivilservant
Frequent Contributor

What were the reasons for the denial listed on the AA letter?

NFCU Platinum $50k | Amex Delta Platinum $25k | Elan Financial $19.7k | Chase Freedom Unlimited $16k | Bank Americard $16k | Discover IT $13K | NFCU Flagship Rewards $10k | GS AppleCard $5.5k | Citi Simplicity $3k
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.