Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Prequalified offers

tag
tennisfan78
Established Contributor

Citi Prequalified offers

Last week, I checked on citicards website to see if I am prequalified for any thing. It said I wasnt prequalified for anything, but recommended to apply for Thank you preferred card.

I checked my mail today and got 3 prequalified offers:

1. Thank you Preferred card, 0 apr for 12 months and 14.99 after that. 7500 bonus points after spending $500 in the first 3 months

2. Citi Simplicity card, 0 apr for 12 months and 12.99 after that.

3. Citi Platinum select/AAdvantage World Master card. 35,000AA bonus points after making 1500 in purchases in first 3 months. APR15.24. AF $95.

I am not familiar with Citicards. Are any of the cards above worth considering. what kind of credit is required?   what does citi pull and what are the starting CLIs like?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Starting Score: EQ=665,TU=618 on Oct 9,2010
EQ=702,TU=725 on Apr 11, 2012 EQ=705 on Oct 31, 2012 Current Score: EQ=702, TU=714 on Dec 8, 2012
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
bs6054
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Prequalified offers

@tennisfan78 wrote:

Last week, I checked on citicards website to see if I am prequalified for any thing. It said I wasnt prequalified for anything, but recommended to apply for Thank you preferred card.

I checked my mail today and got 3 prequalified offers:

1. Thank you Preferred card, 0 apr for 12 months and 14.99 after that. 7500 bonus points after spending $500 in the first 3 months

2. Citi Simplicity card, 0 apr for 12 months and 12.99 after that.

3. Citi Platinum select/AAdvantage World Master card. 35,000AA bonus points after making 1500 in purchases in first 3 months. APR15.24. AF $95.

I am not familiar with Citicards. Are any of the cards above worth considering. what kind of credit is required?   what does citi pull and what are the starting CLIs like?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Do you fly AA or want AA miles?  If "no", then 3 doesn't make much sense.  If yes, then it depends what other cards you have, this is $95 for a card for a single airline (can be used on some partner airlines though) as compared to other cards which work with multiple airlines and hotels.  If you do want this, and are willing to pay twice, you can do the two browser thing (see flyertalk for lots of threads on these cards) and get the MC and Visa, each giving the bonus miles.

Simplicity doesn't charge extra fees for some things, but no rewards, not sure of the strengths of this card.

Thank You Preferred: TYP don't expire and you get 1:1 redemption on points, with this card, whereas Forward doesn't give 1:1 and points expire.  But Preferred only earns 1 point per $ most of the time, unlike the Forward, and lacks the features of the $125 version (Prestige?) so this is another card I don't quite understand.  But I think lots of people here do have it.

Message 2 of 9
chnceit
Valued Contributor

When I did the prequal site on CITI it didn't pull anything for me too. I went drapping one night for the TYP LOL and instantly approved 6.5K at 12.99% after 12 months no interest. I also just ordered a replacement card with the EMV chip. So far I like it and CITI gives starting credit lines and decent CLIs

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 3 of 9
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@chnceit wrote:
When I did the prequal site on CITI it didn't pull anything for me too. I went drapping one night for the TYP LOL and instantly approved 6.5K at 12.99% after 12 months no interest. I also just ordered a replacement card with the EMV chip. So far I like it and CITI gives starting credit lines and decent CLIs

So why do you like it?  I'm not clear about the benefits but as I said, I know a lot of people have it, so I assume it must do something I'm not aware of!

Message 4 of 9
chnceit
Valued Contributor

The main reason I got this card because it has no AF, rewards dont expire, rate I got was even better and it comes with a EMV chip. Also its a cool looking card Smiley Happy

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 5 of 9
tennisfan78
Established Contributor

Thanks guys!

If any one have the above cards, can you please tell me what your starting CL and current CL is?

Starting Score: EQ=665,TU=618 on Oct 9,2010
EQ=702,TU=725 on Apr 11, 2012 EQ=705 on Oct 31, 2012 Current Score: EQ=702, TU=714 on Dec 8, 2012
Goal Score: 750

Message 6 of 9
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

I just applied for Citi AAdvantage Visa and Amex, $17,500 CL on both cards (when you apply for two simultaneously I think you always get the same CL).  That is also the current CL.

I had applied for Citi Forward around April last year and they gave me a $7,000 initial CL and that is where it still sits.  I know that wasn't one of the cards you were asking about, just mentioning it because they gave me very different CLs on the two cards.  I didn't put a whole lot of spend through the Forward so not sure what influenced the larger CLs on the AAdvantage cards.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Message 7 of 9
FutureBillionaire
Established Contributor

The only card I would consider is the simplicity, and that is if I need to make a large purchase.  Forward is the Citi card that you want.

Gas: Discover It, Penfed Platinum Rewards x2, Chase freedom, Citi TYP
Plane tickets: CSP
Groceries: AMEX BCP, Penfed Platinum Rewards,Citi TYP
Clothes: Express, Amex BCP, Discover IT
Amazon: Citi Forward, Cash +
Restaurants: Citi Forward, Chase Freedom, Discover IT, CSP
Hotels and other travel: Discover Escape, CSP
Movies: BofA travel rewards visa signature(fandango), Discover IT, Citi Forward, Freedom
Bars, clubs, tomfoolery: CSP, Citi Forward, Discover IT, Freedom
Balance transfers: Kroger 123 rewards
Bill Pay: Chase Ink Plus, Citi Forward,
Everyday spending: Bofa Accelerated cash rewards amex, Discover Escape
Message 8 of 9
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@tennisfan78 wrote:

Thanks guys!

If any one have the above cards, can you please tell me what your starting CL and current CL is?

I had the Citi AA MC with an initial and final CL of $30K  (I closed because of the AF and I didn't need multiple AA cards).  I have the combined Amex/Visa set, with a $15K limit.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.