Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Prequalify is Gone

tag
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Prequalify is Gone

It's strange that they would all stop working at the same time...

I wonder if some guidance went out from the Fed that we haven't heard of yet?

Or maybe something snuck into one of the emergency bills recently passed that nobody read?

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 828| TU: 805 | EX: 814

Message 21 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ficoproblems247 wrote:

I'll bet this is just a temporary thing, maybe even a website issue. It took me 4 tries to even login today. All of the verbiage about entering your info to prequalify and how it works and all that stuff is still there, so it looks like they're still encouraging you to do it but when you go to actually try, that part of the page isn't working. I could be totally off, but just a guess.  

Screen Shot 2020-05-08 at 8.48.26 AM.png

As many years as Citi has had credit cards (started with them back to 1979 I think) you would think they would have a website that worked? Run into challenges with it them every now and then. Also, they try to look like throughly "Modern Millie" but for me, they don't quite make the grade (did quit flickering). I am a good imitator ... if you find a website that is reliable, looks good and works, why not chase it oops "JP Morgan Chase" website.

Message 22 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dalmus wrote:

It's strange that they would all stop working at the same time...

I wonder if some guidance went out from the Fed that we haven't heard of yet?

Or maybe something snuck into one of the emergency bills recently passed that nobody read?

It's really not that strange. All of them are expecting heavy losses and are likely shifting to more stringent UW criteria. It may be easier to take down tools than update them as the situation evolves. 

Message 23 of 33
macinjosh
Senior Contributor

Citi took the Pre-Qual page off the Home Depot website too.

Yes, this was edited.

Samsung Financing TD Bank $3,200

Message 24 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@macinjosh wrote:

Citi took the Pre-Qual page off the Home Depot website too. I wouldn't be surprised if they all start closing cards en-masse as soon as this pandemic is over. I wouldn't be surpised if we also end up all being sued like crazy too. The card companies are preparing to come for us. It's only a matter of time.

Sue for what? Most people would just file for BK protection as soon as they got a summons and the banks would never see a dime where collection efforts could bear fruit. 

Also banks don't want a repeat of tightened legislation like the CARD Act of 2009 so they're likely to be a bit more cautious with how they handle things. 

Message 25 of 33
macinjosh
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@macinjosh wrote:

Citi took the Pre-Qual page off the Home Depot website too....

Sue for what? Most people would just file for BK protection as soon as they got a summons and the banks would never see a dime where collection efforts could bear fruit. 

Also banks don't want a repeat of tightened legislation like the CARD Act of 2009 so they're likely to be a bit more cautious with how they handle things. 

Sorry, over-exagerating things as usual. The knee pain is affecting my mind.

Samsung Financing TD Bank $3,200

Message 26 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@macinjosh wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@macinjosh wrote:

Citi took the Pre-Qual page off the Home Depot website too....

Sorry, over-exagerating things as usual. The knee pain is affecting my mind.

Sorry that you're in so much pain. Smiley Sad

Message 27 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I noticed that this morning. Interesting 

Message 28 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

CITI Prequalify option gone

I just noticed this today - in fact, I posted a nearly identical post to what @Brian_Earl_Spilner posted in the original post of this thread. 

I think it's temporary, but we'll have to sit back and wait to find out what the verdict is. 

Message 29 of 33
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: CITI Prequalify option gone

@Anonymous, I get the same thing, looks like Citi is doing away with Pre-Qual just like US Bank did.

Message 30 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.