Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Presitge

tag
luis999
Valued Member

Citi Presitge

Hi All,

Now that citi has re-launched the citi prestige, was just after some info on how hard it is to get approved for compared to the CSR?

What sort of credit score/age of accounts etc... are required for the Prestige? 

Thanks!

Luis

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Priory_Man
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Presitge

Scores need to be around 720 and up, the cleaner and thicker your history the better. Low UTIL of your other cards is favorable. I have a couple of 30 day lates on my file from about 5 years ago and I was able to get approved for it. I since PC'd it to the AAdvantage Exec because I wasn't getting the usage out of the card to make it viable.
As with any CC application other things are considered so YMMV.

"Total revolving credit $286,000 Current UTIL >1%"
Message 2 of 23
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Agree there's a lot of YMMV involved here, but overall I would say that it's going to be easier to get for most people here than a CSR (especially with 5/24) although CSR starting lines are generally going to be much higher.

Message 3 of 23
luis999
Valued Member

Thanks for the replies.  My file is pretty thin:

I currently have a Fico (through Amex) of 747 with 3 cards open (1 is an AU) and an AAoA of 7 months.  CL on the highest card is $27k.

Any thoughts as to my chances for the Citi?  Was originally planning on waiting until April/May and applying for the CSR.

Thanks!

Luis

Message 4 of 23
Priory_Man
Valued Contributor

You may be ok with that profile, 7 months is not a lot of history, that would be the only thing stopping me from saying "go for it" for sure, try the pre-qual site see what cards it offers up. https://www.citicards.com/cards/credit/application/flow.action?isInvitation=

"Total revolving credit $286,000 Current UTIL >1%"
Message 5 of 23
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

A thin file with a 27k limit is pretty amazing but i would at least try to get my aaoa to 1 year as Citi does like a little bit of history imo.
Message 6 of 23
luis999
Valued Member

@Priory_Man wrote:
You may be ok with that profile, 7 months is not a lot of history, that would be the only thing stopping me from saying "go for it" for sure, try the pre-qual site see what cards it offers up. https://www.citicards.com/cards/credit/application/flow.action?isInvitation=

I've tried the pre-qual site, and it doesn't match anything.  I get the message:

"we couldn't match your records to a Pre-Qualified credit card offer. See below for 1 other cards you may like."

Maybe I should wait and see if the pre-qual site gives me something in a few months.

Message 7 of 23
luis999
Valued Member

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
A thin file with a 27k limit is pretty amazing but i would at least try to get my aaoa to 1 year as Citi does like a little bit of history imo.

Yes, that was thanks to Amex Global Transfer as I only arrived in the US in Jan last year.  Had been an Amex customer in Australia/Canada for since 2001.

That definitely made it easier to get started, and also get a reasonable limit...

Message 8 of 23
wasCB14
Super Contributor

You might go for it. Maybe you'll waste an inquiry or two, but most people with that short a US credit history don't have a $27k CL (and presumably a good income) to show for it.

What is the card's appeal, if you're already considering CSR? You might want something a bit more differentiated.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 9 of 23
luis999
Valued Member

@wasCB14 wrote:

You might go for it. Maybe you'll waste an inquiry or two, but most people with that short a US credit history don't have a $27k CL (and presumably a good income) to show for it.

What is the card's appeal, if you're already considering CSR? You might want something a bit more differentiated.

I'm helped by having the credit history with Amex and doing the Global Transfer (would recommend to anyone moving countries!).

Was basically deciding between the CSR and Prestige, and thought if I had a much better chance at getting one than the other, I'd go for it over the other.  Preference is still probably the CSR, but will wait a few months and try and get my AAoA a bit higher and then apply...

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.