Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Presitge

tag
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Presitge

You need to wait until you have at least a year of credit history.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 11 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

i applied today and got an instant approval... 

have two accounts with citi now. the diamond and the thank you premier. had both a little over a year and have got two limit increases since ive had them. total limit with them is at 24k across those two cards. and balance at 4k.

my AAoA is at 1yr/5mo

total credit limit at about 75k. and util was at 8% when i applied

citi fico score was 742. and my amex score is 689. they pulled eq and ex on mine. was approved for 15.5k instantly. 

ive been waiting for the prestige card to come back. I plan on dropping my amex platinum now that i have this. 

i have read about the 6inq in 6 month thing with them. I only had 2 inq in the last 6 months. and 25 in the last 2 years. 

Message 12 of 23
luis999
Valued Member

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

You need to wait until you have at least a year of credit history.

Is that a year on the oldest account, or have an AAoA of 1 year?

My oldest card is now 1 year, but still a ways to go before AAoA hits 1 year...

Message 13 of 23
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

Checking if the OP ever applied for this card and if so, what the result was.

I'm not applying for anything for a while, but this card is on my list that I'm thinking about for next year (the travel credit makes the annual fee more palatable, as it seems easy to redeem every year). I don't see a lot of discussion of this card compared with CSR and Platinum, so I'm not sure if there are any particular strengths or weaknesses compared with those two.

FICO Resilience Index: 64. Cards: 5/24, 2/12, 2/6. Accounts including loans: 8/24, 4/12, 3/6. Card CLs total $213,900, or $240,400 including the AU card. Cards (oldest to newest)

Authorized user / Corporate / Auto loans / Personal loan
Message 14 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

citi is removing a large number of benefits from cards including this one. Its less attractive now.

Message 15 of 23
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@KJinNC wrote:

I'm not applying for anything for a while, but this card is on my list that I'm thinking about for next year (the travel credit makes the annual fee more palatable, as it seems easy to redeem every year). I don't see a lot of discussion of this card compared with CSR and Platinum, so I'm not sure if there are any particular strengths or weaknesses compared with those two.

Checking OP's recent posts...

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/CSR-Approved/m-p/5629149

Three years ago, Prestige was arguably the best $450 card, but Citi just kept nerfing it. As someone who has had Prestige, CSR, and Platinum I think Prestige is now vastly inferior to the other two.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 16 of 23
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@wasCB14 wrote:

@KJinNC wrote:

Checking OP's recent posts...

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/CSR-Approved/m-p/5629149

Three years ago, Prestige was arguably the best $450 card, but Citi just kept nerfing it. As someone who has had Prestige, CSR, and Platinum I think Prestige is now vastly inferior to the other two.

@wasCB14 I think they all have their place but when looking at travel in particular...In my opinion I still (probably one of the select few) think the Prestige even with all of the benefits going away, still offers a lot of value and still ahead of the Platinum card by Amex.  

If I placed a small value on just the capped 4th night free benefits at a mere $150 that would still yield $300 in value.  The $250 travel credit has got to be the absolute easist to use of them all, 5x on dining and airfare is generous and it's still a MasterCard that (even though the gap may not be as big as it once was) is accepted in places where Amex isn't.  Their version of Priority Pass still offers restaurant access and if you're not loyal to a particular airline then you can always book through an OTA and still collect the 5x whereas the Platinum it's direct or Amex Travel portal.  

I will give the upper hand to the Platinum card for lounge access but that's about it.  I think the Platinum has it's place but if one were to ask my opinion I would describe the Platinum as a perks/lounge access card rather than travel.  Like the Prestige will be here soon, the Platinum offers not travel protection either.  It does have the upper hand on the luggage so there's a plus there.  I don't give much thought to the Centurion Lounges as there's only 8 in the U.S. and in very populated area which tends to mean overcrowded (hence their new time limit) and I can get hummus, crackers, and room temperature soup as any Priority Pass lounge.  

The Delta Lounges is where the Platinum card really shines as I place a much higher value on said lounges...moreso than the Centurion; but that is only a perk if you fly Delta. 

So yea...I would agree that they all have their place but I personally don't think the Platinum is better than any of them.

Message 17 of 23
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

Thanks, Loquat - I have no experience with any of the three cards in question (Amex Platinum, CSR or any Chase card, Citi Prestige or any Citi card beyond Diamond secured), so I'm only going off advertised rewards and features. On paper, Citi Prestige seems like a good fit for my use patterns (5 points/dollar restaurants, 5 points/dollar travel, 3 points/dollar hotels), and the $250 travel credit would easily recoup half of the cost of the annual fee. This assumes the travel credit can be redeemed with little drama and the points are worth around a penny and aren't hard to redeem. If you manage to use the 4th night twice a year (new 2019 limit), that's probably another easy $200 recouped, and the lounge access is worth the remaining $50 to me.

FICO Resilience Index: 64. Cards: 5/24, 2/12, 2/6. Accounts including loans: 8/24, 4/12, 3/6. Card CLs total $213,900, or $240,400 including the AU card. Cards (oldest to newest)

Message 18 of 23
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@KJinNC wrote:

Thanks, Loquat - I have no experience with any of the three cards in question (Amex Platinum, CSR or any Chase card, Citi Prestige or any Citi card beyond Diamond secured), so I'm only going off advertised rewards and features. On paper, Citi Prestige seems like a good fit for my use patterns (5 points/dollar restaurants, 5 points/dollar travel, 3 points/dollar hotels), and the $250 travel credit would easily recoup half of the cost of the annual fee. This assumes the travel credit can be redeemed with little drama and the points are worth around a penny and aren't hard to redeem. If you manage to use the 4th night twice a year (new 2019 limit), that's probably another easy $200 recouped, and the lounge access is worth the remaining $50 to me.

It's actually:

5x dining

5x airfare (not all travel)

3x hotels and cruises

1x other

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 19 of 23
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

Thanks - I also said "5 points for restaurants" when it actually also applies to bars, and probably some other minor inaccuracies as I focus on how I'd use it (I doubt I'll book a cruise - travel and air travel are synonymous for my use - etc).

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.