Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Prestige 4NF question

tag
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

Citi Prestige 4NF question

Citi 4NF

I was trying to book a Citi 4NF. First time I’ve ever used this benefit as I’m a newish cardholder.

I called the concierge just now and asked them to book it direct instead of through their inventory to get the Elite benefits.

She told me they are no longer able to do that as of May 23rd.

I was under the impression that concierge bookings continued until Sept 1st and after that date you had to book online with no loyalty benefits

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
tacpoly
Established Contributor

Re: Citi Prestige 4NF question

May 23 seems an odd cut-off date.  I can tell you that a few days before May 23, I booked a hotel stay for the end of the year with the Citi Concierge and it is covered under the 4th Night Free benefit according to the confirmation email.  It's a boutique hotel, so not usually part of online travel booking portfolio.  I recommend calling again and trying a different rep.  

Message 2 of 6
imaximous
Valued Contributor

Did you call more than once and get the same answer? I have the feeling you just got a misinformed or lazy employee who didn't feel like doing her job. According to Citi's memo, you should be able to book through concierge till the end of August. I used the benefit at the end of last month through concierge.

The booking process can take a little while. They have to get you registered if first time user. Then, they search for your dates to confirm availability. After that, they have to put you on hold while they contact the hotel directly to make the reservation and give them your loyalty info. Finally, you get a confirmation email with your booking details.

Just in case, when you book through concierge, you have to pay the full amount of the stay including the 4NF. Citi will refund the 4th night within the next 2 statements approx. If you book on the TY site, the discount is applied at the time of booking.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Always call CSR's at least twice to confirm information given. It's a golden rule I follow and it's never done me wrong Smiley LOL

My guess is you call again and get someone who actually helps you out.
Message 4 of 6
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

I called twice before posting. Was told the exact same thing.

Called a 3rd time just now

Update :

Called Citi and asked for a benefits manager (CC side not concierge)

Told them about the previous phone call and information.

This was the response I got

Citi Prestige has 2 different Concierge’s

One offered by Aspire lifestyles and one by Connexions Loyalty

You want Aspire LifeStyles one.

The manager transferred me to Aspire LifeStyles and asked for a manager over there. They spoke and connected the call directly to him.

Aspire can do direct bookings through the property with elite benefits until Sept 1st.

So make sure you get connected to Aspire and not connexions to do 4NF bookings

Another thing worth noting.

When you call and ask to be transferred to the concierge. The two recordings same very similar.

They both say concierge services provided by “company name “

I think the connexions may be the Thank you Concierge as they stated I could book 4NF over the phone but she wasn’t able to get any special rates, book direct, attach loyalty numbers etc.

The price she gave me was also much higher then booking direct or even hotels.com
This was after she applied the discount for the 4NF.

Very worrisome for the future

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 5 of 6
tacpoly
Established Contributor

I didn’t realize there were two concierges. I called the direct number to the Citi concierge to make my 4NF booking — didn’t need to get transferred.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.