cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Prestige Card Changes Take Effect Today.

tag
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

Citi Prestige Card Changes Take Effect Today.

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
Priory_Man
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Prestige Card Changes Take Effect Today.

Still on the fence on what I am going to do with this card.
I have about 6 months until my AF is due, hopefully I will have figured it out by then.

"Total revolving credit $286,000 Current UTIL >1%"
Message 2 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

That reduction from 1.25ccp to 1ccp on travel really stinks. It would be a better card than CSR, but not anymore with that stunt.

Message 3 of 30
imaximous
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

That reduction from 1.25ccp to 1ccp on travel really stinks. It would be a better card than CSR, but not anymore with that stunt.

Sure, but you'll also be earning more points 5x, so if you spend on those 2 main categories, you could come out ahead.

I think the 4th night hotel perk is more of a loss. 

Message 4 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@imaximous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Sure, but you'll also be earning more points 5x, so if you spend on those 2 main categories, you could come out ahead.

I think the 4th night hotel perk is more of a loss. 

My assessment is not based on one spending category. I just did my routine calculation https://www.thepointcalculator.com/Credit-Card-Comparison-Tool , and this card would be better than CSR for me if TYP is 1.25cpp, but worse if its 1cpp.

ofc, YMMV, feel free to do comparison with your own actual spending.

Message 5 of 30
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Thankfully the travel credit remained untouched and was expanded a bit, so this card is still essentially "free" for me annually 😁

The new restriction on the complimentary 4th night, exit of relationship bonus and air travel 25% bonus are somewhat disappointing, but it's still a worthwhile CC for my needs.
Message 6 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

whats the sub?

Message 7 of 30
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

There is no SUB since the card is currently unavailable for applications. Largest known SUB was 75K over a year ago, but on average is similar to TY Premier.
Message 8 of 30
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

I can't believe they actually took away the 1.25x for flight redemption!  I had really hoped with the nerfing of the 4NF they'd actually meet the 1.5x of the CSR and Altitude Reserve.  My Premier still reads: "Your ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when you redeem them for flights through the ThankYou® Travel Center," so it's quite odd that the significantly lower AF card offers better value on flight redemption through their travel portal.  I'm still considering doing a PC from Diamond Preferred to Prestige since I'm not going to be eligible for a ThankYou SUB anytime soon and my collection of $400+ AF cards isn't quite as populous as it should be.  Smiley Wink

For those that have more than one ThankYou product, do the points pool in a combined account like Membership Rewards or does each card have its own TYP balance like Ultimate Rewards?  Finally, this really makes no sense, because anyone redeeming more than 38,000 TYPs (after the first year, since the AF is waived the 1st year anyway) this way should just also grab the Premier to get the 1.25x on redemption - even without being eligible for a SUB that makes sense.

Message 9 of 30
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@K-in-Boston, yes the TY points pool into one primary account. In the event that 2 get created inadvertently, they can be consolidated/merged 😁
Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.