Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Prestige contactless not working

tag
tacpoly
Established Contributor

Citi Prestige contactless not working

Is anyone else having issues with using Citi Prestige for contactless transactions?  I tried using it to 'tap and pay' six or seven times and every single time I've been asked to insert or swipe the card.  It's not a reader issue because about half the time I'd switch to another card and it would work with contactless. 

I thought I had a defective card, but I just tried the new card that Citi overnighted and it didn't work either.  Earlier today I held that card every which way at the NFC reader, but it just asked me to insert the card instead.  I can use the card on Apple pay, but I'm wondering if this is a widespread problem or whether I've just been unlucky with the Prestige.  

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Citi Prestige contactless not working

When you initially received the first card, did you insert the card as first time use or did you try 'tap and pay'?

Message 2 of 6
tacpoly
Established Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

When you initially received the first card, did you insert the card as first time use or did you try 'tap and pay'?

I rarely use contactless outside Apple Pay so I either inserted or swiped the card when I first received it.  

Message 3 of 6
Azza
Regular Contributor

My Citi Costco card requires some 20+ taps to get it to go contactless. Using C&P is faster every time :/
Currently Reporting:

Current Score:

Gardening Started with:

Message 4 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@tacpoly wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

I rarely use contactless outside Apple Pay so I either inserted or swiped the card when I first received it.  

I would contact their tech support team to see if perhaps resetting the contactless token may work.

Message 5 of 6
4sallypat
Valued Contributor

My Citi Coscto works perfectly each and every time at the register, gas station, food court, etc...

Love the contactless cards in these pandemic times.

My other contactless payment if I forgot my wallet: iPhone using the Apple Card digital wallet....

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.