Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Prestige - time for CLI again?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Prestige - time for CLI again?

Ok, was approved for the Prestige on 5/27/2015 @ $5,000 SL.  On 11/6/2015 I was able to get a HP CLI to $17,000.  So today I was pondering going for another CLI and asking for $30,000.

Last HP on EX was 1/31/2016 when I was approved for my Amex BCP.  No inquires on either file since.  Util @ 1%.

I just checked my account and I am not currently eligibile for a SP CLI. 

According to my most recent myFICO report inquires are EQ 1, TU 2, and EX 6.

In regards to other cards my Amex BCP is at 25K and my Chase Marriott Premier is at 35K.

Pull the trigger or show patience and wait to see if I become SP CLI eligible (which is not predictable it seems unless I need to let my account age with Citi beyond 1 full year)?  FWIW each statement has always been a PIF and never carried a balance with them.

8 REPLIES 8
redpat
Senior Contributor

Re: Citi Prestige - time for CLI again?

IMO, show patience I think you should have a SP shortly.

Also is having 30k CL going to change anything? 

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@redpat wrote:

In truth, no.  It's sort of an internal satisfaction measure of progress given where I was 18 months ago (not saying that is good but just being honest).

Message 3 of 9
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Last HP on EX was 1/31/2016 when I was approved for my Amex BCP.  No inquires on either file since.  Util @ 1%. 

CLI's are not just handed out in exchange for time.

Despite the general obsession over HP's around here and other credit sites, HP's are typically a small factor and just one of many to consider. http://www.myfico.com/crediteducation/whatsinyourscore.aspx

Have you verified that your reports reflect the 1% revovling utilization?

@Anonymous wrote:

In regards to other cards my Amex BCP is at 25K and my Chase Marriott Premier is at 35K.

Limits with other creditors are not relevant.  Creditors do not simply match limits.  Limits factor into revolving utilization which itself factors into Amount Owed.

@Anonymous wrote:

FWIW each statement has always been a PIF and never carried a balance with them. 

That's great but it's your entire credit profile and income that are the primary considerations.  It is never just about the one account itself.

Ultimately, it's your call to make.  What you've posted so far looks good but we can't guarantee what you'll get as we're not Citi underwriters.

Message 4 of 9
redpat
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@redpat wrote:

In truth, no.  It's sort of an internal satisfaction measure of progress given where I was 18 months ago (not saying that is good but just being honest).

You are doing fine and knowing that you went from an approval of 5k to 17k is quite an accomplishment.

Slow and easy is the best way to go, don't waste another HP, IMO.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@takeshi74 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Last HP on EX was 1/31/2016 when I was approved for my Amex BCP.  No inquires on either file since.  Util @ 1%.

Despite the general obsession over HP's around here and other credit sites, HP's are typically a small factor and just one of many to consider.  Don't focus on them and overlook everything else.

http://www.myfico.com/crediteducation/whatsinyourscore.aspx

LDO, I more than get that but you have often read here of someone being denied a CLI or a new account due to "recently looking for credit", which is a HP.

Message 6 of 9
redpat
Senior Contributor

@takeshi74 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Despite the general obsession over HP's around here and other credit sites, HP's are typically a small factor and just one of many to consider.  Don't focus on them and overlook everything else.

http://www.myfico.com/crediteducation/whatsinyourscore.aspx

OP asked about a SP vs. HP and Citi does offer SPs for CLI.  So the notion that the OP was asking about getting a CLI for time is incorrect.

Message 7 of 9
pip3man
Valued Contributor

And also keep in mind Citi's SP CLI typically ranges from $1k - $2500 so if your looking for something more than that, your best bet would be to go the HP way. Good luck

Message 8 of 9
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I'm never eligible for so CLIs from citis online portal anymore. It's lame.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.