Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Product Change

tag
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Citi Product Change

I am stuck with a Citi Diamond Preferred card that I've had for the past 3 1/2 years. Limit is 16K interest rate 6.74%. The only rewards are this thing called Citi Cash which I have no use for at all. 

Has anyone had any luck lately doing a product change with Citi where they don't lose history and incur a new account hit or am I just stuck with this no rewards card at this point?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
scientifics
Frequent Contributor

Re: Citi Product Change

You can do a PC, however, you will most likely loose that low interest rate!

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@scientifics wrote:

You can do a PC, however, you will most likely loose that low interest rate!

+1

If you carry balances, I wouldn't recommend a PC. You have a great interest rate there. Wish I had it.

Is there any card in particular you want (only citi or perhaps you have your eye on some other reward card)?

If you have a good history with them, decent scores, low utility, you may qualify perhaps for an additional card. You would take a hit for the app. 

If it were me, i would keep the low interest card, and add a different reward card to my portfolio.

Message 3 of 8
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

@smallfry wrote:

I am stuck with a Citi Diamond Preferred card that I've had for the past 3 1/2 years. Limit is 16K interest rate 6.74%. The only rewards are this thing called Citi Cash which I have no use for at all. 

Has anyone had any luck lately doing a product change with Citi where they don't lose history and incur a new account hit or am I just stuck with this no rewards card at this point?

I have the same exact card with the same interest rate. You can PC it, but the times I've called Citi to request a PC, they've indicated that they wouldnt recommend it as I'd lose the super low rate. Kinda bummed as I don't use this card for much of anything right now.

Message 4 of 8
sgs10
Regular Contributor

I pc'd from platinum to dividend with same interest rate and intro offers. IMHO citi CSR's are more knowledgable about PC's, just give a try!!!

Message 5 of 8
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Very helpful Bit on the Citi Dividend but lost the low rate. Not a big deal since I will not revolve a balance. Now if Penfed would cooperate I would be all set but I know there is no chance of dumping the vanilla Gold for a Rewards card with them. High limit place holder I guess.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

May I ask what scores you have? Just curious what it takes to get a nice low interest rate. I have all reward cards, but I wouldn't mind having a card with a low rate. It would be my "just in case" card. I don't keep balances either, but you never know.

Message 7 of 8
smallfry
Senior Contributor

I originally got the card with an 8 year old BK7. Experian I believe at the time was 717. No rhyme or reason with Citi at times it seems. EX is now 796 they offered me 14% and change I took it. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.