Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Product Changes

tag
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

Citi Product Changes

Just wanted to let everyone know if you are looking for a PC, you can always call the general number and request to speak to a supervisor. There are always more product change options than the front lines know.

Also, they are now letting people product change into cards with higher interest rates. They are required to tell you what the new rate will be (and what the difference is from your old rate) to which you can accept or decline (results in staying with original card).

I called to today to see what I could switch my Diamond Preferred MC I have... was told it could go to the Thank You Preferred World MC (no annual fee) with an interest percentage hike of an additional 10.24%. The CSR was shocked I had a low rate (6.something%) and told me to sleep on it. LOL

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
scientifics
Frequent Contributor

Re: Citi Product Changes

@UFGuy2006 wrote:

Just wanted to let everyone know if you are looking for a PC, you can always call the general number and request to speak to a supervisor. There are always more product change options than the front lines know.

Also, they are now letting people product change into cards with higher interest rates. They are required to tell you what the new rate will be (and what the difference is from your old rate) to which you can accept or decline (results in staying with original card).

I called to today to see what I could switch my Diamond Preferred MC I have... was told it could go to the Thank You Preferred World MC (no annual fee) with an interest percentage hike of an additional 10.24%. The CSR was shocked I had a low rate (6.something%) and told me to sleep on it. LOL

I just today switched my 9.24% Platinum Select Visa to a Forward card and the CSR told me my interest rate would be the same. What you said makes it seem like that might not be the case. On the letter they are sending to confirm the PC will it have my new terms? Or will I not know my new terms until I get my new card in 45 days?

Message 2 of 3
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

Re: Citi Product Changes

@scientifics wrote:

@UFGuy2006 wrote:

I just today switched my 9.24% Platinum Select Visa to a Forward card and the CSR told me my interest rate would be the same. What you said makes it seem like that might not be the case. On the letter they are sending to confirm the PC will it have my new terms? Or will I not know my new terms until I get my new card in 45 days?

I think you are fine. They look to see what the differences are, and thats when the rate difference was identified. If there was no difference for you, then I expect your rate to stay the same. BTW, nice rate!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.