Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Recon!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Recon!!

anyone have luck recon with citi they said i have too many inquires 4 WTF! They pulled eq 655

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gymbo731
Regular Contributor

Re: Citi Recon!!

@Anonymous wrote:

anyone have luck recon with citi they said i have too many inquires 4 WTF! They pulled eq 655

you have 4 inquires in what time frame? from the past 2 years, within a year? months?

I havn't applied with them yet.

Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 5
-Furbz-
Contributor

i got a little happy after being approved by cap one that i applied for a few cards, big mistake in my part!

citi was one of them, denied per too many recent inquiries, im thinking of calling since ive been banking with them since late 07 early 08.

any one think that will make a diff?

Message 3 of 5
Tazman81
Established Contributor

@-Furbz- wrote:

i got a little happy after being approved by cap one that i applied for a few cards, big mistake in my part!

citi was one of them, denied per too many recent inquiries, im thinking of calling since ive been banking with them since late 07 early 08.

any one think that will make a diff?

You could probably wait a couple of months and then just reapply.  Usually what happens is if you apply to multiple companies at the same time for a credit card, then the ones that you applied to last will deny you for inquiries.  Reason being is that they cannot see whether or not you received cards from these other companies, and they don't want to be one of many companies giving you credit.  Applying to multiple places at the same time can also be consider desparation to get credit for something that is going on in your life that you may not have "emergency funding" for.  Of course this is different for things such as carloans and mortgages.

Current Score: Eq: 823 Tu: 830
Goal Score: Eq: 850 Tu: 850

Wallet: PenFed Power Cash 50k | AMEX Blue Cash (AU) 49.5k | Cap One QSMC 26.5k | AMEX Platinum NPSL | USAA Signature Visa 25k
Message 4 of 5
-Furbz-
Contributor

i hear you, and by seeking more credit and being denied i most likely hurt my scored -- ouch!!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.