Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Retail Reporting Question

tag
Peter1142
Established Contributor

Citi Retail Reporting Question

Does anyone know for Citi Retail Cards, i.e. Best Buy and Zales, do they report paid as agreed or give no data for months where there is no activity on the account? I have both of these cards I have no immediate plans to use, the BB because of the continuing low limit and not worth a HP to increase. I had the Zales for a year with perfect history and they gave me no increases, though they gave me a high initial limit for my scores, I just don't want anything from Zales.

Also does anyone know how quick they are to close for inactivity?

I am still kind of rebuilding and need to positive reporting.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Peter1142
Established Contributor

Re: Citi Retail Reporting Question

bump

Message 2 of 7
enharu
Super Contributor

@Peter1142 wrote:

Does anyone know for Citi Retail Cards, i.e. Best Buy and Zales, do they report paid as agreed or give no data for months where there is no activity on the account? I have both of these cards I have no immediate plans to use, the BB because of the continuing low limit and not worth a HP to increase. I had the Zales for a year with perfect history and they gave me no increases, though they gave me a high initial limit for my scores, I just don't want anything from Zales.

Also does anyone know how quick they are to close for inactivity?

I am still kind of rebuilding and need to positive reporting.

Bloomingdales is sorta under Citi. It is under DSNB, which is a subsidiary of Citi. 

If the policies are the same, then your account will be closed after approx. 1 year of inactivity. 

They can give you a SP CLI, if you are eligible for one. You just have to ask and see what they say.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 3 of 7
Peter1142
Established Contributor

Thanks. What about the reporting, will I get no data for months of no activity?

Message 4 of 7
enharu
Super Contributor

@Peter1142 wrote:

Thanks. What about the reporting, will I get no data for months of no activity?

it will report "OK".

Basically as long as you are not deliquent, it will report positive history.

I just realized they recently closed my Macy's account due to inactivity, but on my CR it still reports as open on all 3bureaus, and continues to report positive history to this day. No idea why really but it's helping me so I am just leaving it as it is. The card itself is no longer usable though.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 5 of 7
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Not to change the topic, but DSNB is a subsidiary of Citi? I did not know that. I already had a Best Buy and Sears store cards opened in August, and was approved for Macy's recently. Does Citi do the underwriting also for DSNB or do they (DNSB) have their own seperate criteria?

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 6 of 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

Not to change the topic, but DSNB is a subsidiary of Citi? I did not know that. I already had a Best Buy and Sears store cards opened in August, and was approved for Macy's recently. Does Citi do the underwriting also for DSNB or do they (DNSB) have their own seperate criteria?

DSNB determines its own underwriting criteria for both the Bloomingdale's and Macy's card programs which are separate from Citi's other retail/private label and legacy/mainline CC programs.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.