Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi SECURED Credit Card - Strange

tag
LEXiiON
Valued Member

Citi SECURED Credit Card - Strange

Hello all,

I would like to share my experience with you today. I applied for a Citi Secured Card in March 10 to get started with my US Credit history. Today when I was looking at my account I have seen the link "request credit line increase" - which I personally find totally strange, especially while Citi is only graduating cards after 18 months and you can't increase the deposit. I clicked it and it said call customer service. I did. And got a credit line increase (It was $500 it is now $1000).

They just made my day. And that on their secured card after 5 months. GREAT !!!

Now that was a complete bummer to me Smiley Happy

LEXiiON

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi SECURED Credit Card - Strange

Holy cat! I tried that link 2-3 months back and they sent me a letter saying "you nuts? its a secured card!" You're lucky!

EDIT: tried that link again and same thing happened :-(

Message 2 of 4
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

That is totally nuts!!  I can't believe that happened.  I used to work for them, and that NEVER happened!!! 

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 3 of 4
LEXiiON
Valued Member

It was stunning. However I have to admit, I am banking with them for over three years now, but still I read on this forum that their secured card is one of the toughest cards to have gimmicks like that. I PIF every month, and there have been months where I paid multiple times due to the low CL. As it is an immediate transfer from my checking, that makes it my favorite. It is like transferring money to my savings. click.done.immediate fund availability. However my statement says, I can only do four transfers per billing period. So this increase helps.

Anyways I received the confirmation letter today for the CLI.

I can't explain it. It just happened. Maybe I should have asked for more, but I was so amazed that I only requested $500 .... It will be interesting if that link will pop-up again in a couple of months...

Anyways, this proves, if you are doing it right, you even can get that.

But don't ask me for any of the reasons why they did it. I have NO clue.

I will enjoy it. I thought, that I will get a CLI for my unsecured Cap 1 years before I get anything from the Citi secured, but I was proven wrong.

LEXiiON

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.