Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi SP Verbiage | where at?

tag
_NERD
Established Contributor

Citi SP Verbiage | where at?

While doing searches on the forum looking for info related to Citi SP CLI, I see “SP verbiage” mentioned many times. Where do I find that in my Citi acct?

Thanks!

Edit: account is over 2 yrs old & never had a CLI.

3B profile optimization in progress...
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
imaximous
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi SP Verbiage | where at?

Go to Services > Credit Card Services > Request a Credit Limit Increase

For a SP CLI, you should see a message that says, "It's easy to find out if you qualify for a credit limit increase. A credit bureau report will not be requested and you will receive an instant decision."

Message 2 of 19
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

It will show when your click the credit limit increase button. The verbage will state if they need to do a hard pull or not.

SP verbage

"It's easy to find out if you qualify for a credit limit increase. A credit bureau report will not be requested and you will receive an instant decision."

HP verbage 

"By clicking "Continue" you understand that we will obtain a credit bureau report to evaluate your request. Our credit department will notify you of our decision or let you know if we need more information."

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 3 of 19
imaximous
Valued Contributor

@Peteyglad wrote:

HP verbage 

"By clicking "Continue" you understand that we will obtain a credit bureau report to evaluate your request. Our credit department will notify you of our decision or let you know if we need more information."

I have a slight variation, but it's under my business account. It doesn't say "will" but "may" so I'm just waiting a little longer till it changes -hopefully- to the SP language.

"By clicking "Continue" you understand that we may obtain a credit bureau report for you and the business to evaluate your request. Our credit department will notify you of our decision or let you know if we need more information."

Message 4 of 19
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Who dat? Who dere? Smiley Wink

What is a sp cli from Citi?

Average say what?
Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@imaximous wrote:

@Peteyglad wrote:

HP verbage 

I have a slight variation, but it's under my business account. It doesn't say "will" but "may" so I'm just waiting a little longer till it changes -hopefully- to the SP language.

"By clicking "Continue" you understand that we may obtain a credit bureau report for you and the business to evaluate your request. Our credit department will notify you of our decision or let you know if we need more information."

Probably a template just specific to the business accounts since it mentions "and the business". Personal accounts show as "will obtain" for the HP

citi-aa.png

Message 6 of 19
Kforce
Valued Contributor

Just to add more info & data points:

The SP language did not materialize on my page until my account was about 9 months old.

Many report 1+ year. (It might not show if your account is young)

For my CC, and maybe all of the Citi Cards if you receive a CL increase you can not get another for 6 months.

For many the SP language is always visible, giving you false hope. 

For Citi you need to keep records of when your last CL was received.

Don't bother hitting the love button every other month.

Message 7 of 19
_NERD
Established Contributor

Thank you all for sharing. I confirmed in the Citi iOS mobile app that it will be a SP for me.

Not clicking the love button until the accounts I PIF are reflected on my 3B. ETA on that is next week.

3B profile optimization in progress...
Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

As with most things related to credit, YEMV.

I opened a Citi Double Cash card on 4/30/18 and first noticed the soft pull CLI language on 7/3/18.  Its possible that it had been there for a few days and I hadn't noticed, but just over 2 months after opening the account I was able to get a soft pull CLI.  Several others have reported getting their first soft pull CLI at 3 months.  In any event, its strictly 6 months after the first CLI for any subsequent increases.

Screen Shot 2018-07-18 at 6.14.44 PM.png

Message 9 of 19
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Kforce wrote:

Just to add more info & data points:

The SP language did not materialize on my page until my account was about 9 months old.

Many report 1+ year. (It might not show if your account is young)

For my CC, and maybe all of the Citi Cards if you receive a CL increase you can not get another for 6 months.

For many the SP language is always visible, giving you false hope. 

For Citi you need to keep records of when your last CL was received.

Don't bother hitting the love button every other month.

SP language appeared on both of my accounts around the 2 month mark and both were granted.  Correct, all Citi cards require 6 calendar months between credit line increases; asking too early does not reset the clock but as you said you can get false hope when you see it.  (If you go to the Statements pages and click Documents you'll be able to see denial letters the following day.  I've jumped the gun too early a lot of times.)  If you are granted a SP increase, you CAN immediately take a HP for a larger increase without waiting 6 months.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.