Did you mean: 

Citi SP Verbiage | where at?

tag
Kforce
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi SP Verbiage | where at?

and

@Anonymous 

Was the DC your first card with Citi or did you have a previous relationship with them?

Maybe it was longer for me because I had no history.

Maybe it is just a YMMV.

Just curious

Message 11 of 19
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

DP (2016) was first card with them then got TYP this year.  I did have 3 now-closed retail cards with CBNA (Home Depot, Shell, NTB) over the past 15 years, and I am an AU on DW's DC (2004) and CBNA Best Buy (1996) card if it matters.  I think it's YMMV but maybe it's your horrible scores and credit age?  Smiley Tongue

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kforce wrote:

and

@Anonymous 

Was the DC your first card with Citi or did you have a previous relationship with them?

Maybe it was longer for me because I had no history.

Maybe it is just a YMMV.

Just curious

I don't remember having a Citi card prior to this year but I did bank with them when I lived in NYC in the mid-80's to early 90's.  Its possible I had one but I allowed all my cards to be closed for non-usage starting around 2004 so even if I did have one previously its long gone from my credit report. 

Message 13 of 19
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I finally got the SP verbiage for the first time in 2.5 years on Sunday lol. I almost forgot what that page looked like!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 14 of 19
_NERD
Established Contributor

Did you smash the love button?

3B profile optimization in progress...
Message 15 of 19
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@_NERD wrote:
While doing searches on the forum looking for info related to Citi SP CLI, I see “SP verbiage” mentioned many times. Where do I find that in my Citi acct?

Thanks!

Edit: account is over 2 yrs old & never had a CLI.

Good info on the CLI requests... I'll just add that if you're asking about your Diamond Preferred and you're out of the 0% BT promo you might consider getting Citi to PC it to a different card.

I had my own Diamond Preferred PC'ed to a Double Cash a few months back... it was a painless phonecall, and the card number even stayed the same. Smiley Happy

If a Double Cash isn't for you, you can usually PC to other products as well; even cards that are no longer offered like the Dividend. 

Citi is also unique among issuers in that you can sometimes PC to a "core" co-brand card like one of the airline cards or the Costco Visa.  (Just beware that if you PC to Costco, you will be 'stuck' there... they don't allow PC's away from Costco at this time.)  Also, you can't PC to any of the Citi "retail" cards like Sears or BestBuy (strangely, Costco is considered a "core" card, not retail).

Edited to add:  Just found your other thread where you have received an offer to PC to a Double Cash:  https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Citi-offer-to-upgrade-DP-to-DC-legit-SP-or-HP/m-p/5425...

Message 16 of 19
macinjosh
Senior Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

If a Double Cash isn't for you, you can usually PC to other products as well; even cards that are no longer offered like the Dividend.

Can you PC from Double Cash to Dividend?

Samsung Financing TD Bank $3,200

Message 17 of 19
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@macinjosh wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

I've not read of that particular PC, but I don't see why not, assuming your account is otherwise eligible for a PC.

I do know that as good as Citi usually is with PCs, sometimes not all options are available to every customer... basically, you just have to call and ask.

Message 18 of 19
macinjosh
Senior Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@macinjosh wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

I've not read of that particular PC, but I don't see why not, assuming your account is otherwise eligible for a PC.

I do know that as good as Citi usually is with PCs, sometimes not all options are available to every customer... basically, you just have to call and ask.

I may do that. But considering they won't give me a CLI, SP or HP, I'm probably capped for a while and won't be able to do much with this card. Ugh. Even Discover has been more generous to me.

Samsung Financing TD Bank $3,200

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.