Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi/Sears product change

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi/Sears product change

Has anyone sucessfully done a product change from a Sears card to another citi product?  My dad has a Sears Gold MC (issued by citi) and doesn't really use it much.  It would be more useful as just a regular citi card (that earns thankyou points) but the lady on the phone didn't really understand what I meant by "product change" and thought we'd need to reapply for a new citi card.

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Citi/Sears product change

I know I could not upgrade a Sears Store card to a Sears Mastercard... they said it's a new application.
Message 2 of 3
MojaveMoon
Established Contributor

Re: Citi/Sears product change

I've been trying for years without success to do this. You also cannot allocate some of your Sears Mastercard credit limit to another Citi credit card.

Now, there had been a situation reported on other sites where a few people had had their card converted to a Citi card -- but it wasn't a true Citi card in that you couldn't convert that faux-Citi card to any other type of true Citi card and also in that customer support for that faux-Citi card was still handled by the customer support for the Sears Mastercard.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.