cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Secured card - Anyone have useful DP's?

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Secured card - Anyone have useful DP's?

AFAIK citi doesn't bucket cards like Cap1 does but they do however set their bar really high especially if you did them wrong like I did with my BK7 with them IIB!
And in your case, after card graduates, your profile will be treated normally in their UW process for any CLIs. So-so profile and your CLI app gets shot down!  HPs and new accounts that citi is well known to be sensitive to will play a big role as much as your entire profile including but not limited to your FICOs.

Make sure you're not over 1/12 on HPs and new accounts and FICOs in the 720s or higher if you're expecting a significant CLI. You really have to plan it out 2 years in advanced as with most major players out there. That is if you want and expect the best outcome. 
Best of Luck!

BK7 dc in 01/2011 with FICO8 in the 500s

New cc TLs : 1/6 ; 1/12 ; 2/24
HPs EX 2 EQ 2 TU 1
AAoA 5y4m
UTIL 1% - 3%

$220K+ Total Limits

Message 11 of 12
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Citi Secured card - Anyone have useful DP's?

@JR_TX wrote:

AFAIK citi doesn't bucket cards like Cap1 does but they do however set their bar really high especially if you did them wrong like I did with my BK7 with them IIB!
And in your case, after card graduates, your profile will be treated normally in their UW process for any CLIs. So-so profile and your CLI app gets shot down!  HPs and new accounts that citi is well known to be sensitive to will play a big role as much as your entire profile including but not limited to your FICOs.

Make sure you're not over 1/12 on HPs and new accounts and FICOs in the 720s or higher if you're expecting a significant CLI. You really have to plan it out 2 years in advanced as with most major players out there. That is if you want and expect the best outcome. 
Best of Luck!

Thank you! I have been in the garden nearly a month. Intending to stay there for quite some time. I'm not seeking anything high with citi in terms of CL anytime soon. I was thinking ahead about this card and wasn't sure it would be beneificial. However I have learned that I will indeed stick it out and see where the road takes me. My scores are improving and within 2 years I can surely be (and hope to be) in the 700's. Thank you for your response. Very helpful. 

myFICO 8 Scores 10/2020

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.