cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Secured now available online to apply for.

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Citi Secured now available online to apply for.

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:
Thanks will keep you guys posted. According to Citi they should let me know with in a week.

mmmmm, do I need this secured card? LOLSmiley Wink

Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:

Thanks will keep you guys posted. According to Citi they should let me know with in a week.

You might have a tough time tricking a computer into giving you a $50,000 limit. Why not though, Have you burnt Citi before?

Message 12 of 21
myjourney
Super Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

Mmmmm your way to? Pronto Smh 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 13 of 21
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

You might have a tough time tricking a computer into giving you a $50,000 limit. Why not though, Have you burnt Citi before?

oh yea, big time in my BK, LOL.

BUT...Ive got 3 store caards backed by them so Im in anyways via BD.  Im good..Im goona sit tight for awhile, and try my luck at the new Costco Visa in 2 yrs, expecting to recon of course, lol...Smiley Wink

Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I burned Citi with home depot and Sears settled for less. Can I get secured with them?
Message 15 of 21
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

Before you could only apply inside a branch. Just an FYI. https://www.citi.com/credit-card-details/citi.action?ID=citi-secured-credit-card&category=view-all-c...

Interesting....

My very first post on myFICO 4 years ago was in reference to my mail-in app for this card. Denied back then. They were strict. Wonder how much so now.

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 16 of 21
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
I burned Citi with home depot and Sears settled for less. Can I get secured with them?

Only way to know is when you apply.  If you've burned both Citibank and Citi Retail Services, then it's likely you may be blacklisted - for both.  Both divisions have separate UW groups and handle their own portfolios separately.  So, just because one may get approved for some of their retail-backed cards, doesn't mean one will be approved for their legacy products - it all depends on your profile.  So, it's possible you could get approved for the secured card and still be blacklisted for the others.

Message 17 of 21
happypill
Valued Contributor

I guess the question I have is, if you get a secured card with Citi (or any of the other issuers that offer secured products that unsecure like BofA), and then the card unsecures, does that mean you're off their black list?  Might be worth doing if that is the case, but I'm not sure if that is true.

Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

The bad marks are off of one,  but they still show up on TransUnion.  I know that doesn't count for much if they are using internal data but if they don't pull TU,  its clean other than a whole bunch of inquiries and new accounts obviously

And this is for the Toy limit haters… getting a security card more than 500 bucks is kind of out of my monthly budget what is worse?  a secured card waiting 18 months or getting something else?  my only reason is to get back in the citi,  as I have higher Card everywhere else,  but BofA,  Citibank  US bank are haters because of the Citibank burn.  I know I'm in my late thirties and I said haters.  We can understand Citibank but the other two shouldn't listen because Chase is generous

Message 19 of 21
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

lol nice to see you as well pizza! your available credit just keeps increasing I see.
Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.