Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Simplicity BT offer?

tag
revvystoke
Frequent Contributor

Citi Simplicity BT offer?

Just wondering, on Simplicity cards do the BT offers come and go?

I used it last month for a few $k and have always pif'd it after a month or two. I don't have any debt showing right now but I checked on their site and tried to go through the steps to do a BT and it said no offers. I thought the card offered 18mos. of 0% if transferred within 6 months. I have only had the card for 5 months, low BT offers was the only reason for getting the card. 

AkAir $50k | Marriott $65k | Local CU $8k
TU: 770 / EQ: 748 / EX: 769
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Simplicity BT offer?

@revvystoke wrote:

I used it last month for a few $k and have always pif'd it after a month or two. I don't have any debt showing right now but I checked on their site and tried to go through the steps to do a BT and it said no offers. I thought the card offered 18mos. of 0% if transferred within 6 months. I have only had the card for 5 months, low BT offers was the only reason for getting the card. 

My terms are 18 mos 0% APR for BT made within first 4 months.

If you're not able to get an answer here I would PM a CSR on their website. They have been super helpful and friendly with me. =)

Message 2 of 7
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@lhcole77 wrote:

@revvystoke wrote:

If you're not able to get an answer here I would PM a CSR on their website. They have been super helpful and friendly with me. =)

The BT offer is only valid if transfers are made within the first 90 days of account opening. SImplicity offers BT offers periodically. Though it won't be of the same caliber  as the first.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 3 of 7
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

@lhcole77 wrote:

@revvystoke wrote:

The BT offer is only valid if transfers are made within the first 90 days of account opening. SImplicity offers BT offers periodically. Though it won't be of the same caliber  as the first.

Fortunately my terms allowed 4 months. Smiley Happy

Account opened 06/13 and BT offer expired 10/14.

Perhaps they are different for different people...?

Message 4 of 7
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Transfers are usually within 90 days but they may have changed the terms since you opened your account Smiley Happy

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 5 of 7
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@revvystoke wrote:

From Citi's website:

Terms of Citi Simplicity Offer:
Introductory rate of 0% for 18 months from date of account opening on purchases and for balance transfers, 18 months from date of first transfer. Balance transfers must be completed within 4 months of account opening. After the introductory period ends, the standard purchase APR will be applied to unpaid promotional balances and new purchases

Message 6 of 7
revvystoke
Frequent Contributor

Shucks. If I open a citi act in the future will they move lines around like chase?
AkAir $50k | Marriott $65k | Local CU $8k
TU: 770 / EQ: 748 / EX: 769
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.