Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Simplicity after home closing?

tag
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Citi Simplicity after home closing?

@Ashlah wrote:

My dentist's office said Care Credit will finance for 12 months (maybe it has to do with the amount? Not sure). I'd prefer a little longer buffer. Care Credit also charges all of the deferred interest if I were to be late on a payment (never have been, but better safe than sorry...)

There's a targetted Simplicity offer for 21 months no APR. You might have to search around on Google for that link.

Slate is 15 months no APR and no BT fee. However if you're planning to put the charge directly on the new card, just get a Freedom. It is also 15 months 0% APR.

There are many other cards that you can consider as well.

Discover is 14 months no APR, Amex Blue revolvers are 12 months no APR (I know you prefer longer, but figured I list it since it's Amex), Citi Diamond Preferred is 15-17 months depending on offer, Barclays has 12-15months offer as well depending on the card.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 11 of 14
Ashlah

Well, what do you know! I received an offer for the 21 month Simplicity in the mail yesterday, closed on the house today, and just got approved with an $8,000 limit! Thanks for your thoughts, all, hope the details of my situation were helpful to someone else Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 14
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Ashlah wrote:

Well, what do you know! I received an offer for the 21 month Simplicity in the mail yesterday, closed on the house today, and just got approved with an $8,000 limit! Thanks for your thoughts, all, hope the details of my situation were helpful to someone else Smiley Happy

Congrats on the new home and a great card 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 13 of 14
koalablue
Frequent Contributor

You might try the Penfed Promise Visa.  It has even fewer fees than the Citi Simplicity - it just has no fees.  It doesn't have a 0% intro offer, but it does have a 7.5% APR for the first 3 years you have the card, and then the prime rate (currently 9.9%) thereafter. There's no balance transfer fee.  And its a low 4.99 % APR for a balance transfer if you do it when you first get the card, and that rate lasts for the life of the transfer.  If you're not in the military or a veteran, you can still join PenFed by making a one-time small donation to one of two military-related charities. There's a link to them on the PenFed web site.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.