Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Soft Pull CLI's

tag
Shock_
Frequent Contributor

Citi Soft Pull CLI's

Just for clarification:

"A credit bureau report will not be requested and you will receive an instant decision" 

Does this mean they will soft pull you at the time of request

-OR-

Or will they use the last soft pull on file?

Also, does Citi soft pull every month?

Capital One Quicksilver MC $3000 6/2011 | Chase Amazon Visa $1400 8/2012 | Citi Diamond Preferred MC $4200 7/2013 | AMEX Green NPSL 8/2013 | Chase Freedom $1000 Visa 8/2013 | AMEX BCE $7000 2/2014 ==> 2/2013
Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Citi Soft Pull CLI's

@Shock_ wrote:

Just for clarification:

"A credit bureau report will not be requested and you will receive an instant decision" 

-OR-

Just for kicks, I tried it a few days ago on my CDP.  No inq and it looks like they used a  sp from Jan.  I had received a CLI the first of the year and I have not been SPd since the CLI. 

Message 2 of 31
parkman
Regular Contributor

+1 to what Lexie said. They use your last SP.
All I have for this forum is bubblegum and anecdotal evidence, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
Message 3 of 31
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@Shock_ wrote:

Just for clarification:

-OR-

Just for kicks, I tried it a few days ago on my CDP.  No inq and it looks like they used a  sp from Jan.  I had received a CLI the first of the year and I have not been SPd since the CLI. 

+1, although my CLI request was denied, i pulled the denial document and it looks like they've used the SP from Jan.  Also it was a SP from EQ

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 4 of 31
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@yudeology101 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@Shock_ wrote:

Just for clarification:

-OR-

+1, although my CLI request was denied, i pulled the denial document and it looks like they've used the SP from Jan.  Also it was a SP from EQ

I would love to do my request BUT I'm getting the "a report will be pulled" verbage. Last SP was on EQ on 01/31. Hoping to get  "A credit bureau report will not be requested and you will receive an instant decision" message soon....

Message 5 of 31
Shock_
Frequent Contributor

is there any way we can find on when the last pull was for those who don't use any sort of credit monitoring tools?

And aisde from calling them? Do they soft pull every month? Reason being is I'm waitng for my BCE to report, plus my auto loan balance to report this month since i paid a big chunk and ake mke all the difference.

Capital One Quicksilver MC $3000 6/2011 | Chase Amazon Visa $1400 8/2012 | Citi Diamond Preferred MC $4200 7/2013 | AMEX Green NPSL 8/2013 | Chase Freedom $1000 Visa 8/2013 | AMEX BCE $7000 2/2014 ==> 2/2013
Message 6 of 31
enharu
Super Contributor

@Shock_ wrote:

is there any way we can find on when the last pull was for those who don't use any sort of credit monitoring tools? annualcreditreport.com or buy a credit report from the CRAs directly.

And aisde from calling them? doubt CSRs can tell you when they last SP'ed you. Do they soft pull every month? depends. varies. For me they SP once every 1-3 months and the SP always happens on the last day of the month. There's no pattern behind the frequency of my SPs. Reason being is I'm waitng for my BCE to report, plus my auto loan balance to report this month since i paid a big chunk and ake mke all the difference.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 7 of 31
Shock_
Frequent Contributor

alright, part two:

Can we recon the limit if approved, or would we have better luck on a higher increase by calling a backdoor numberand requesting a CLI? I normally use retention and they are pretty knowledgeable.

And has anybody heard of extending a 0% APR? I know mines is probably due April 31st, but it was only 9 months, not the 15 months that most people get..I want to do a huge BT and hopefully they will bite.

Message 8 of 31
enharu
Super Contributor

@Shock_ wrote:

alright, part two:

Can we recon the limit if approved, or would we have better luck on a higher increase by calling a backdoor numberand requesting a CLI? I normally use retention and they are pretty knowledgeable.

And has anybody heard of extending a 0% APR? I know mines is probably due April 31st, but it was only 9 months, not the 15 months that most people get..I want to do a huge BT and hopefully they will bite.

if you want more than what you can get via SP, then it will be a HP. Calling backdoor isn't going to help much. If you already took a HP and didn't get as much as you want, then that's when backdoor or other departments may be able to help.

As for 0% APR extension, it will depend on your account standing with Citi. They have various offers from time to time. Just call and ask what offers are available to you. If they don't have anything now, you can try again next month to see if there's a new offer for you then.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 9 of 31
Shock_
Frequent Contributor

im giving them a call now...fingers crossed!

Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.