Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi TY Premier

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi TY Premier

Anyone have this card? Is it one of your daily card? My biggest question however is the use of this card aside from international travel. I wish the JetBlue was 1:1 and I would jump on this 60K offer. Trying to see if it’s worth the app. I love the 3x Travel/Gas and the 2x dining is great as well but I have my Uber card for the 4x.
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: Citi TY Premier

I still have my ty premier I am actually thinking of moving my dining over to that card from my csp/ink cash cards. Its hard to compare travel rewards cards and cash back cards straight up it depends on what you what you value more.

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do you currently redeem points?
Message 3 of 21
bondsandloan
Regular Contributor

Int'l business - Asia miles, Flying Blue & Virgin Atlantic.
Domestic - Jet Blue.

TY points have transfer bonuses run (10% to 30%) often. They had 1,000 TYP to 800 Jet blue points run a few months back.
MR& UR program don't have transfer bonuses running as often. I think.
Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got approved for this card today and I will only use it for travel and gas after meeting SUB. I have better cards for non category expenses and dining/entertainment.

Points are worth a flat 1.25 cents for me since I don’t use nor do I plan on using any of their transfer partners.

I’m still undecided on what I will do with the card after the 1st year is up though. It really depends on how much I travel or plan too.
Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the responses guys.

Just trying to weigh whether or not it’s worth it. I can probably get use out of the 1.25 booking through travel with hotels but I would like to maximize for full reward potential with airline transfers. My only issue I’m seeing in my research is it’s primarily international travel. The 1:8 ratio to JetBlue isn’t horrible but would be nice if they had at least one domestic 1:1 transfer. My main travel is domestically and to the Caribbean. I’ll probably be heading out to Europe next summer so maybe there would be some pluses to getting the card.
Message 6 of 21
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for the responses guys.

Just trying to weigh whether or not it’s worth it. I can probably get use out of the 1.25 booking through travel with hotels but I would like to maximize for full reward potential with airline transfers. My only issue I’m seeing in my research is it’s primarily international travel. The 1:8 ratio to JetBlue isn’t horrible but would be nice if they had at least one domestic 1:1 transfer. My main travel is domestically and to the Caribbean. I’ll probably be heading out to Europe next summer so maybe there would be some pluses to getting the card.

I have the Premier, but haven't put any spend on it since completing the SUB spend.  I will also be doing a PC to Prestige from another card next month (assuming it's still available after the rumors).  For domestic and Caribbean awards, consider booking Delta flights through either FlyingBlue (Air France/KLM, which I believe still has a 30% transfer bonus going from TYPs) or Virgin Atlantic.  

My focus right now is on hitting Marriott Platinum Elite status for the remainder of this year and 2019 since I should be able to qualify through stays going forward but need to do it on spend this year, but I'm going to soon be putting my annual spend into a spreadsheet to figure out what gives me the best bang for the buck going forward.  TYPs are certainly in consideration as my go-to program.)  Premier is a great all-purpose card, I just wish Prestige had very different earning rates to pair better with it.

Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

KLM looks to be pretty sweet for international travel however did a quick search and don’t see any domestic flight bookings available from NYC. Although I do see there are plenty KLM operating flights out of here. Weird that no available bookings in next year for anything domestic.
Message 8 of 21
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
KLM looks to be pretty sweet for international travel however did a quick search and don’t see any domestic flight bookings available from NYC. Although I do see there are plenty KLM operating flights out of here. Weird that no available bookings in next year for anything domestic.

All your domestic flights will be via delta not KLM/AF . I. Am not sure how you can find all of delta partner availability, i remember reading recently that af/Klm don’t post award availability i could be wrong about that . Maybe VS shows delta availability on their site i am not sure

Message 9 of 21
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous

wrote:
How do you currently redeem points?

The main issue i have always had with TYP is they don’t have a domestic partner like UR and MR have, but i have redeemed points with SQ before was trying to pool all my points from MR and UR to fly J with SQ to Far East. 

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.