Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Thank You Preferred upgraded to World Elite MC

tag
asteroidblues86
Regular Contributor

Re: Citi Thank You Preferred upgraded to World Elite MC

It's a beautiful card. Thanks for posting it enharu.

Message 11 of 46
YahComb
Established Contributor

i'm probably going to end up apping for the 5x/12 month TYP card before the month is over, so thats cool that they're doing bonus points on restaurants and entertainment now(or i should say, soon)

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 12 of 46
leoment
Frequent Contributor

I REALLY want to app for this card.. Plus I want to add a MC to my cards - this post is not helping at all lol

Any guesses as to how long the 5x promotion might be around?  I'm trying to garden for a year, but if this is still around once I hit 6 months, I'm apping for it!

800+ across all three (via FAKOs) has been achieved! Current goal - Get down to 6 cards in total - sitting with 8 currently.
Message 13 of 46
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@leoment wrote:

I REALLY want to app for this card.. Plus I want to add a MC to my cards - this post is not helping at all lol

Any guesses as to how long the 5x promotion might be around?  I'm trying to garden for a year, but if this is still around once I hit 6 months, I'm apping for it!

It's a great promotion and getting quite a lot of VR abuse, so the answer might be "not long", EXCEPT the current link is from April 2011.  So if it lasted this long....

These types of offers have come and gone in the past, but people find other working links.  For safety, I would app as soon as you feel comfortable, but it could also be there for the next five years.

Message 14 of 46
leoment
Frequent Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@leoment wrote:

It's a great promotion and getting quite a lot of VR abuse, so the answer might be "not long", EXCEPT the current link is from April 2011.  So if it lasted this long....

These types of offers have come and gone in the past, but people find other working links.  For safety, I would app as soon as you feel comfortable, but it could also be there for the next five years.

Deal abuse is why we can't have nice things!  Thanks for the advice - I'll take my chances and see if it's still around next month then Smiley Happy

800+ across all three (via FAKOs) has been achieved! Current goal - Get down to 6 cards in total - sitting with 8 currently.
Message 15 of 46
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@leoment wrote:
@longtimelurker wrote:

@leoment wrote:

Deal abuse is why we can't have nice things!  Thanks for the advice - I'll take my chances and see if it's still around next month then Smiley Happy

Yes, but as usual, one person's abuse is another's "reward maximization"!  (It's abuse if someone is getting more than X times what you get...., for some value of X).

Message 16 of 46
enharu
Super Contributor

The 5% offer was dead for a while but it seem to have came back again (based on fatwallet users comment), so it's really hard to tell how long this offer will last. There's a few ongoing offers for the thank you preferred though the others offer a flat 1% but more Ty points instead until the new Ty rewards kick in July 28th.

Citi seems to be discontinuing the anniversary program soon though, not sure if it affects new customers only or everyone, but that bonus isn't really that great to be honest.

I think this offer should be around for a few more months at least, or even indefinitely. It really depends on how abused this 5% becomes. A lot of ppl on the other forums with this card is abusing it through the roof :/

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 17 of 46
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@enharu wrote:
The 5% offer was dead for a while but it seem to have came back again (based on fatwallet users comment), so it's really hard to tell how long this offer will last. There's a few ongoing offers for the thank you preferred though the others offer a flat 1% but more Ty points instead until the new Ty rewards kick in July 28th.

Citi seems to be discontinuing the anniversary program soon though, not sure if it affects new customers only or everyone, but that bonus isn't really that great to be honest.

I think this offer should be around for a few more months at least, or even indefinitely. It really depends on how abused this 5% becomes. A lot of ppl on the other forums with this card is abusing it through the roof :/

Actually, I think the link that people were using was dead, but this one, from April 2011, was then found, so I'm not sure it was ever dead, just not known...

You were told Jul 28 info by a CSR?  I haven't seen announcements about it, but that's probably usual (don't announce enhancements until they arrive).

Re abuse:  this card may as well have "Abuse me" written on it in big flashing letters.  Uncapped 5% at drug stores has no rational purpose other than abuse!

Message 18 of 46
enharu
Super Contributor

I received the letter notifying of changes to Ty program together with my new card when I got the 1st card. I tried to check with CSRs again since i tossed the letter but they were all pretty clueless until a supervisor was finally able to confirm it.

To be honest, I was planning to abuse this card when I applied for it. But since citi gave me such a nice limit and the EO have been really nice and helpful to me, I don't want to burn this bridge down lol
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 19 of 46
PDXoriginal
Regular Contributor

I have been trying to upgrade my TY Preferred to a World Elite since last October, but I keep getting the run around. Seems like most reps don't even know the TY Preferred can be changed to a Elite. When I ask they think I want to PC to another World Elite card and others say it just doesn't exist.

I guess the exec office is my next step, I really hope they come throught, because I would love a no annual fee World Elite card.

Message 20 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.