Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Thank you Premier?

tag
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

Citi Thank you Premier?

I just got approved for the card which I wanted for the point transfer option with AA but I am curious who else does the points transfer to? Hilton  I would assume be another partner but who else?

Also I can transfer my TY points from my TYP to my new TY premier card?

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Thank you Premier?

@Closingracer99 wrote:

I just got approved for the card which I wanted for the point transfer option with AA but I am curious who else does the points transfer to? Hilton  I would assume be another partner but who else?

I didn't know you could transfer to American Airlines. I thought it was only possible with the Prestige.

Anyway here's the list of TYP transfer partners. If you have the premier, you can combine your TY Preferred points and transfer them as well.

https://www.thankyou.com/partnerProgramsListing.jspx?cmp=nav&lid=sub-nav|more-ways-to-redeem|points-...

Message 2 of 36
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

I am going to use my TYP in conjunction with UR and MR to transfer to SQ(Singapore Airlines). 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 3 of 36
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

I am going to use my TYP in conjunction with UR and MR to transfer to SQ(Singapore Airlines). 

While I don't have TYP, this is my strategy w.r.t. UR and MR as well !

Message 4 of 36
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@Ghoshida wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

I didn't know you could transfer to American Airlines. I thought it was only possible with the Prestige.

Anyway here's the list of TYP transfer partners. If you have the premier, you can combine your TY Preferred points and transfer them as well.

https://www.thankyou.com/partnerProgramsListing.jspx?cmp=nav&lid=sub-nav|more-ways-to-redeem|points-...

I can't see them since I techinically don't have the card yet since I was just approved today and need to activate it first. 

THANKYOU® POINTS TRANSFER

With Points Transfer, Citi ThankYou® Premier, Citi Prestige® and Citi Chairman® cardmembers can transfer their available and qualifying ThankYou Points to participating airline and hotel travel loyalty programs they are enrolled in. To check eligibility, select a travel loyalty program from the following list and sign in.

Those are the cards that is able to transfer points from though

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 5 of 36
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@Ghoshida wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

I can't see them since I techinically don't have the card yet since I was just approved today and need to activate it first. 

THANKYOU® POINTS TRANSFER

With Points Transfer, Citi ThankYou® Premier, Citi Prestige® and Citi Chairman® cardmembers can transfer their available and qualifying ThankYou Points to participating airline and hotel travel loyalty programs they are enrolled in. To check eligibility, select a travel loyalty program from the following list and sign in.

Those are the cards that is able to transfer points from though

I don't have the card either but I can see the partners. 

Hotel: Hilton

Airlines: Asia Miles, Eva Air, Etihad guest, Air France / KLM Flying Blue, Garuda Indonesia, Malaysia Airlines, Qantas, Qatar, Singapore AIrlines, Thai, Virgin America, and Virgin Atlantic

BTW did you get the bonus points offer on the premier? I can't find it online, guess it was removed sometime ago.

Message 6 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

You definitely cannot transfer TY points to American Airlines.  You can however use the points to book AA flights with the Thank You travel portal and receive 1.25 cents per points towards AA flights.

Message 7 of 36
NRB525
Super Contributor

The AA mention from TY Premier or Prestige has to do with the improved per-point value as cash equivalent, compared to using those points as cash equivalent to pay for airfare, not a transfer directly to AA miles.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 8 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You definitely cannot transfer TY points to American Airlines.  You can however use the points to book AA flights with the Thank You travel portal and receive 1.25 cents per points towards AA flights.

A little late now but applying for the premier card now wasn't a particularly good idea because they eliminated the 50K bonus points a month or so ago.

Message 9 of 36
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Closingracer99 wrote:

Maybe you can PC to Prestige? Prestige has a higher AF, so that probably isn't possible.

TYs don't actually transfer to AA. It's just that if you have Prestige (but not Premier), you can use TYs at 1.6 cpp to book paid AA flights. That's an easy and simple way to redeem for inexpensive AA flights (when you might not want to use actual AA miles).

And there's no bonus currently on Premier - at least not outside of a targeted offer.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 10 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.