Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Thank you Premier?

tag
Involver
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Thank you Premier?

Always a good laugh when people open threads for advice / information and then scoff at the advice that doesn't fit their narrative.

Yes I'm throwing away money and am uneducated about my cards, now stop replying to my thread. Lol.
Message 31 of 36
PointLager
Established Contributor

I use TYPs to transfer to SQ to book flights on United. It's cheaper than using UR to convert to UA miles

Can't you convert to Etihad and book AA that way ?
Message 32 of 36
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@Involver wrote:
Always a good laugh when people open threads for advice / information and then scoff at the advice that doesn't fit their narrative.

Yes I'm throwing away money and am uneducated about my cards, now stop replying to my thread. Lol.

I never asked for advice..... I asked about partners to transfer points. I already know what I want to do with MY card. Don't need anybody opinion of it. 

Simple put since some people can't read what a post says..... I already have 98,000 points with Hilton and I am planning on staying in a hotel for a week. I don't want to book twice and I am 100% fine in devaluation for some of the points to get a "free" room or a cheaper one. That is my short term plan and if you have a problem with it then Idk what to tell you. 

Always good to read replies to a post from people who don't read the actual posts.....And want to speak their "minds".

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 33 of 36
Involver
Valued Contributor

Hello, and welcome to the world of Internet message boards. You must be new.
Message 34 of 36
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@Involver wrote:
Hello, and welcome to the world of Internet message boards. You must be new.

Lol I'm not but I still wasn't asking for an opinion.  Don't care for it in this thread nor did I ask for it. I fully know what I want out of the card and simply asked what was the partners with citi to trade points.....not is it worthwhile to transfer them to Hilton......FYI it's just as bad with MR points as well 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 35 of 36
wasCB14
Super Contributor

One thing I just read (and I don't know if I should be surprised or not that no one knew enough to correct me) is that TYs become HHs at a 2:3 ratio. 1000 TYs become 1500 HHs.

A 50% improvement on a lousy point transfer offer is still bad, but I dislike the idea of sharing innacurate information. There's too much of it here already without my making it worse.

So instead of gaining 150% in purchasing power by conserving TYs, the gain is only 67%. It's still significant.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 36 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.