Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi ThankYou Preferred - Signature or Not

tag
andre181
Established Contributor

Citi ThankYou Preferred - Signature or Not

Hi all, 

About a month or so ago, I was approved for Citi ThankYou Preferred Visa with a CL of $3500. I received the card and everthing is great. 

Today, it started reporting, and on EX it is listed as a Flexible Spending Credit Card, which means typically Signature right? I haven't checked TU or EQ yet.

But my understanding was a $5000 CL was required for visa signature cards. CL and high balance are reporting correctly and it appears that its included in util calcuations.

The card itself or the cardmember agreements and benefits info mention nothing about Visa Signature benefits.

Is this card truely a Visa Signature or is this just a reporting error. 

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
CreditEd
Regular Contributor

Re: Citi ThankYou Preferred - Signature or Not

Hello OP. Very sorry that I don't have a direct contrinue to your thread but was interested in your signature below the email..

Would you happen to remember what bureauy was pulled when you received your FNBO and USBank cards? I want like the dickens to apply for both, as I even have a FNBO pre-approval offer. But I DON'T want a pull from Experian. My Amex and Citi cards both pull from Experian and I'd like to reserve any further HPs.

thx and again don't mean to take your thread off topic.

NPSL              $25k            $25k              $23k              $22k               $16k              $12k              $10k            $6.5k
Message 2 of 5
SwampSystems
Frequent Contributor

@andre181 wrote:

But my understanding was a $5000 CL was required for visa signature cards. CL and high balance are reporting correctly and it appears that its included in util calcuations.

The card itself or the cardmember agreements and benefits info mention nothing about Visa Signature benefits.

Visa Signature benefits do not have a minimum credit access line requirement. They also are not required to have no preset spending limit. Check your cardmember agreement for language about "spending limit" or "credit access line" to see if you can spend over your limit.

Your cardmember agreement will probably not mention Visa Signature or the associated benefits -- any benefits are usually noted in supplementary material.

As an example, here is the Freedom Visa Signature Agreement. Note the language referring to the Credit Access Line, and that there is no over-limit fee defined. Again, not all Visa Signature cards have this feature.

The easiest way to find out if you have Visa Signature is to call Visa Concierge at 800-953-7392 and see if your card number works.

Message 3 of 5
andre181
Established Contributor

@CreditEd wrote:

Hello OP. Very sorry that I don't have a direct contrinue to your thread but was interested in your signature below the email..

Would you happen to remember what bureauy was pulled when you received your FNBO and USBank cards? I want like the dickens to apply for both, as I even have a FNBO pre-approval offer. But I DON'T want a pull from Experian. My Amex and Citi cards both pull from Experian and I'd like to reserve any further HPs.

thx and again don't mean to take your thread off topic.

FNBO always pulls Experian. US Bank pulled TransUnion for me, but others have said they pulled Experian for them. It seems to me that if you live in the midwest, they tend to pull TransUnion more, but its not always for certain.

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 4 of 5
andre181
Established Contributor

@SwampSystems wrote:

@andre181 wrote:

Visa Signature benefits do not have a minimum credit access line requirement. They also are not required to have no preset spending limit. Check your cardmember agreement for language about "spending limit" or "credit access line" to see if you can spend over your limit.

Your cardmember agreement will probably not mention Visa Signature or the associated benefits -- any benefits are usually noted in supplementary material.

As an example, here is the Freedom Visa Signature Agreement. Note the language referring to the Credit Access Line, and that there is no over-limit fee defined. Again, not all Visa Signature cards have this feature.

The easiest way to find out if you have Visa Signature is to call Visa Concierge at 800-953-7392 and see if your card number works.

Thanks! I'll try that.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.