Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi ThankYou Prestige PCs Not Available

tag
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Citi ThankYou Prestige PCs Not Available

I’m hoping this is only a temporary issue, but even after being transferred to an analyst I was unable to do a product change from Diamond Preferred to ThankYou Prestige. I tried a month or so ago and since I was at the tail end of the 21 month 0% APR promo I was told I’d have to call back in September.

The analyst was able to see the Prestige but if she clicked on it she would get a message that the product is currently unavailable. She said anything else she clicked on worked fine, though, and even tried her best to talk me into going for the Citi Executive instead. (I’m not ready to jump ship from Delta to AA.)

So first there was the rumor that it was being discontinued, then Citi confirmed that it would not be. Then they pulled it for new applications. Now it’s the one card, including tons of closed-to-new-apps options, that isn’t available for product changes.

She said that if it were discontinued that it wouldn’t even show on her screen, so she suggested I call back in October to try again as they are likely making changes to it. It’s already been nerfed so I hope the 4th Night Free option remains available as that is my sole reason for wanting the card. TY Premier certainly has better earning, which is odd when compared to CSP/CSR, for example.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Citi ThankYou Prestige PCs Not Available

Well, that's a bummer. Do you want mine? 😁 AF is only $250.
Message 2 of 4
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:
She said that if it were discontinued that it wouldn’t even show on her screen, so she suggested I call back in October to try again as they are likely making changes to it. It’s already been nerfed so I hope the 4th Night Free option remains available as that is my sole reason for wanting the card. TY Premier certainly has better earning, which is odd when compared to CSP/CSR, for example.

Sorry to hear you didn't get the PC. I'm not sure what the future of the card is. FT has little new info.

I think they were going for a "perks on one, rewards on the other" situation like the old Platinum and PRG...before nerfing most of the Prestige perks.

Citi has always like to tinker, though.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 3 of 4
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@FinStar absolutely I’ll take it!

I always say I wish we could trade cards and credit lines around on here. I’d be happy with my $500k SPG Luxury card. Smiley Wink
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.