Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi aadvantage platinum select product change to dividend platinum select

tag
Zingy
Valued Member

Citi aadvantage platinum select product change to dividend platinum select

Hello,

I am coming near the 1 year anniversary on my aadvantage platinum select card and citi has assured me that after I pay my renewal fee, I will be offered the ability to move to aadvantage gold and have a fee refund.. However, I am not looking for the aadvantage card anymore.. But I do want a dividend platinum card. What is the best route for me to take in obtaining said card.

Do you think I will be able to obtain a product change.. Or

Do you think I would have to open a dividend product, and transfer the credit line over?

The goal here obviously to A) have a dividend platinum select and no aadvantage, and B) to preserve my account age if possible
MYFICO Quarterly: 2/13-626, 5/13-621, 8/13-647, 11/13-721
Goal=
garden to 06/14, more garden until 7-15
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Citi aadvantage platinum select product change to dividend platinum select

Bump for Citi help Smiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Over a four year period I have p/c three times with Citi. One of the times was from a Citi Thank You Mastercard to a Citi Dividend Mastercard. No hard time about it. In reading posts on p/c ing with Citi it seems many people have been able to change products. My latest p/c was after I had an account for only eight months. Some people say they have to wait one year. Your guess is as good as mine.

Message 3 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Only problem I ran into was my partners card is still 0% and they wouldn't let PC while that... Which makes sense but have no use for the card until it can PC!
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, you are right. I was turned down on a p/c that still had the 0% in place. They allowed a p/c after promo expired!
Message 5 of 11
Zingy
Valued Member

I called today and was told I did not have a product change available. I asked several times, what types of product changes should I expect, when can I expect to have them. They said they wanted to try some 'thing' that did not work, I was not impressed.. And they could not guarantee anything of any sort.

Basically, I think I should close this account before the 1 year mark. Will feel as if I am going to lose 95 dollars when it renews, and not get anything refunded.
Goal=
Message 6 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Unfortunately, Citi's co-branded cards can only be PC'd within their same product family and provided the account is elegible for PC.  Other "mainline" Citi cards can be PC'd to others such as Diamond Preferred to Dividend (and viceversa) and so forth.  It all depends on whether the account is elegible since not all products will qualify.  So what was the reasoning for getting the AAdvanatge card in the 1st place? Do you not fly AA as a primary or secondary carrier?

Message 7 of 11
Zingy
Valued Member

If I obtain the card I am looking for, dividend card, will I be able to move the credit line over from my aadvantage to the dividend.
Goal=
Message 8 of 11
Zingy
Valued Member

Bump
Goal=
Message 9 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

In theory, you could but you will need to contact them.  It also depends on the age of the account you are transferring the CL from and whether they can perfom such allocation.  Some folks would have to take the estra step of contacting the EO to make this possible if standard channels do not work; however, it's a YEMV situation as with anything.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.