Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi & The CARD Act

tag
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Citi & The CARD Act

@ScoreUpScaleDown74 wrote:

Thanks. Approximately zillions? 12 years of treading water at 99% utilization on $30K CL (just on that card). Excellent payment history, but could not realistically begin to tackle debt until this year. 

Kudos for being able to do it.  DW and I were in the same situation (but well over $100k combined) for about 10 years.  The paydown started about 3 years ago when I found this place.  I want to cry sometimes when I think of the interest paid over those years.

Message 11 of 13
ScoreUpScaleDown74
Established Member

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Thanks. Approximately zillions? 12 years of treading water at 99% utilization on $30K CL (just on that card). Excellent payment history, but could not realistically begin to tackle debt until this year. 

Kudos for being able to do it.  DW and I were in the same situation (but well over $100k combined) for about 10 years.  The paydown started about 3 years ago when I found this place.  I want to cry sometimes when I think of the interest paid over those years.

Good job on your 3 years of progress. It is/was like $150K combined, 30K on that card. But I am grateful because we survived. We didn't have to declare bankruptcy. We had kids. We lost parents. We dealt with a major illness, a job loss, a serious dip in business income throughout the recession, two cars being totaled (not our fault). And we seem to be out on the other side. We managed to refinance our mortgage last year - no cash out, but got decent fixed rate and did not extend length of loan - getting us out of a variable rate we never intended to keep. 

Message 12 of 13
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Good job on your 3 years of progress. It is/was like $150K combined, 30K on that card. But I am grateful because we survived. We didn't have to declare bankruptcy. We had kids. We lost parents. We dealt with a major illness, a job loss, a serious dip in business income throughout the recession, two cars being totaled (not our fault). And we seem to be out on the other side. We managed to refinance our mortgage last year - no cash out, but got decent fixed rate and did not extend length of loan - getting us out of a variable rate we never intended to keep. 

Kudos on the persistence.  A good role model for alot of people here along with K-n-Boston as well Smiley Happy.  Why can't I find people like you to interview in RL to be on my team at work through the cruddy and good times!

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.