Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi bt offer

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Citi bt offer

Ive had my Citi Dc going on 9 months now. Took almost as long just to get the sp cli language but as of now, i couldnt get an sp increase if i painted myself blue and walked into Citi headquarters and introduced myself as Citi ManSmiley Wink

Anyhow, i guess ive hit the point where they want to inundate my mailbox with Balance Transfer offers . Ive received 2 already this week for 0% until july 2018. With a $1200 sl, no real chance of that happening lolSmiley Happy. Just curious on anybodies recent experiences with Citi if you would like to share. Just felt like sharing today as it is Sharing Saturday before Siti SundaySmiley Happy
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi bt offer

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Ive had my Citi Dc going on 9 months now. Took almost as long just to get the sp cli language but as of now, i couldnt get an sp increase if i painted myself blue and walked into Citi headquarters and introduced myself as Citi ManSmiley Wink

Anyhow, i guess ive hit the point where they want to inundate my mailbox with Balance Transfer offers . Ive received 2 already this week for 0% until july 2018. With a $1200 sl, no real chance of that happening lolSmiley Happy. Just curious on anybodies recent experiences with Citi if you would like to share. Just felt like sharing today as it is Sharing Saturday before Siti SundaySmiley Happy

Like you, I get them all the time.  They seem to be in a battle with Barclays on who can send me the most BT checks.  I have used one of  their offers before as it was very convenient because they give you the option to just deposit right into your checking account.

Message 2 of 22
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol Irish, i guess im bored tonight. For no apparent reason i went over to my Citi account just to see if a $20 charge posted and to my complete and utter shock/ amusement, they apparently decided to give me an auto $600 increase lolSmiley Happy.

And yup, my Bt offer is now there with option to direct deposit. I guess they just need a little history again to warm up to me ( previously included in bk7 10 years ago. Looks like i wont have to change my name afterallSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 22
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Just like you guys, I get hammered with Citi BT offers. So much so I don't open them up most of the time. I just rip them up and throw in the trash. Glad you got your increase! Once you feel more confident with them. Don't be afraid to ask for more if you need it after receiving a SP increase.
One of the most positive things I can say about Citi is the immediate payment and restoring of that credit to your account. They're the fastest of any card companies I've dealt with.

I noticed the last few days in my phone app that a new card on the way notification. Are they upgrading these cards? My current card is a WMC.

Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome news AJC! 

Message 5 of 22
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks JustagirlSmiley Happy. When i looked at my available should have been like 1179 but was weird seeing like 1779. Lol, this after seeing my Citi Fico increasing from 636 to 675 but dropped 6 points in dec to 669 Smiley Wink. And after reaching my limit without hp . Its not much but to tell you the truth am happy, 1800 looks and feels better and i guess i need to remind myself i am still infantile on my new credit rebirth. I guess you got to put in the time sometimes. Im sure when Noxqs sees this gonna haves some fits haha. This ones for you NoxSmiley Wink
Message 6 of 22
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Congrats AJC

Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

AJC, only my TYP has 0% till 1/30/2018 BT offer. DC does not and Costco and Citi AAA both have regular APR offers...

Congrats on the CLI though..!

Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Way to go AJC, congrats!

Sure glad it worked out and that you don't have to change your name!

Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just reached my one year anniversary with my DC and have been receiving BT offers from them lately.  I just took them up on a 0% til 7/18 offer this evening.  It was very simple and had a check deposited to my bank account.

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.