Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi card application

tag
cobaltnv
Established Contributor

Citi card application

Hello everyone,

I recently applied for the Citi Platinum Select MasterCard to take advantage of the 18 month Balance Transfer at 0%. I applied online and got the 7-10 day message. I called and was told they need additional information. I was asked a couple of questions (income, etc). I was then asked if I had moved recently (I had). The CSR then told me that because I moved recently they needed additional information before making a decision. They asked me to mail (not scan and email or fax) a utility bill, bank statement, and recent paystub.

I guess I have two questions. Is this becoming common practice? Second, can anyone who has gone through this tell me how long it takes for them to receive the information and make a decision? I am hoping to be able to do the balance transfer a month or less (prior to June 9).

Thanks in advance for all your help.

TU 810: EQ 813: EX 814 (9/16/09--Loan officer pull)

Helpful Threads
Frequently Requested Threads
Understanding your Fico Score
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi card application

Yea allot of credit card companies are doing this for security reason. Same thing happen to me a month ago when i applied for the Citi Foward card. If there asking for information 9 times out 10 your approved they just want to verify it's you. Fax the information it's quicker takes about 3 or 4 business days for them to tell you if your approved or not.

Message 2 of 6
cobaltnv
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yea allot of credit card companies are doing this for security reason. Same thing happen to me a month ago when i applied for the Citi Foward card. If there asking for information 9 times out 10 your approved they just want to verify it's you. Fax the information it's quicker takes about 3 or 4 business days for them to tell you if your approved or not.

Thanks for the info. I asked the CSR and she told me it had to be mailed not faxed. Maybe I need to speak with a different CSR.

Cheers

TU 810: EQ 813: EX 814 (9/16/09--Loan officer pull)

Helpful Threads
Frequently Requested Threads
Understanding your Fico Score
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for a Citi Forward card a few months ago.They e-mailed me to tell me to call them.  They just wanted to verify some information on my credit report.  I got the card about a week later.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cobaltnv wrote:

Hello everyone,

I guess I have two questions. Is this becoming common practice? Second, can anyone who has gone through this tell me how long it takes for them to receive the information and make a decision? I am hoping to be able to do the balance transfer a month or less (prior to June 9).

Thanks in advance for all your help.

The income verification is common, as is checking to verify new addresses as legit. I don't know about mailing vs email, but you can buy Priority Mail w/tracking online or ship Express Mail at the P.O. and track it. Either will get to Citi quickly.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cobaltnv wrote:

Thanks for the info. I asked the CSR and she told me it had to be mailed not faxed. Maybe I need to speak with a different CSR.

Cheers

Maybe good luck let us know what happens.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.