Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi card for concert presales?

tag
Dilbert934
New Contributor

Citi card for concert presales?

Does anyone out there with a Citi use it to get access to concert presales?  It seems most every concert I'm interested in always has special Citi customer early access.  Is it really any better than getting tickets when they go on sale to the general public?  I have plenty of open tradelines and would only be interested in the Citi if the ticket access is really an advantage.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Citi card for concert presales?

@Dilbert934 wrote:

Does anyone out there with a Citi use it to get access to concert presales?  It seems most every concert I'm interested in always has special Citi customer early access.  Is it really any better than getting tickets when they go on sale to the general public?  I have plenty of open tradelines and would only be interested in the Citi if the ticket access is really an advantage.

Thanks!

It's an advantage, you get more to choose from, and less chance of being sold out.  But I don't know if I would get a new credit card over such a minor perk.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 2 of 8
BrokenBones
New Contributor

Most of the time the presale code has been 412800 and a Citi card is not even needed to check out. Just browse the artist you want to see on reddit and you will most likely always find someone post the presale code.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi isn't the only card that offers this perk, I've taken advantage of severel via Capital One. The CSP also offers it.

I would just look at the cards you  already have, and dig into the offers section. 

I agree that this perk alone isn't worth applying for a new card.

Message 4 of 8
mkhan1093
Established Contributor

As others have stated, this is a perk that is more marketing than anything else - probably for their customers who don't frequent these forums or know any better. I see it as the same kind of amazing opportunity when they say "use your card all over the world and earn 1 pt/dollar!"

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've used Private Pass to get free tickets to early screenings and other events. An X Men movie was the first free early screening I stumbled upon. I guess it can be a useful if you're really into concerts, movies, sports, and other entertainment type events. 

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Citi isn't the only card that offers this perk, I've taken advantage of severel via Capital One. The CSP also offers it.

I would just look at the cards you  already have, and dig into the offers section. 

I agree that this perk alone isn't worth applying for a new card.

Capital One has an offers section?

Message 7 of 8
FlaDude
Established Contributor

Amex Gold and my CU (and probably lots of others) offer presales too. The problem is that there are so many ways to get "presales" tickets, that they really aren't presales any more.

Scores: March 21 FICO 8: EX 810, TU 808, EQ 813
AoOA: closed: 36 years, open: 25 years; AAoA: 11.8 years
Amex Gold, Amex Green, Amex Blue, Amex ED, Amex Delta Gold, Amex Hilton Surpass, BoA Platinum Plus, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Chase Amazon, Chase CSP, Chase United Explorer, Citi AA Plat, Sync Lowes, Sync JC Penney - total CL 145k
Loans: Chase car loan (35k/6yrs 0.9%)
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.