cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi card users - what's up with linking accounts?

tag
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: Citi card users - what's up with linking accounts?

Good luck!

In my experience, my calls to Citi hasn't always been the smoothest.  LOL

Message 11 of 17
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

Maybe your new card is so new that the system hasn't fully registered it yet? You've activated the card, right?

Oh yeah, activated it yesterday and used it today. Gotta hit that spend for miles!

Thanks for the vote of confidence Open123, afraid you might be right. I tried a chat session a little while ago and it didn't go to well. Essentially told me same thing as on screen shot. Gee thanks. Who knows, I might have picked the 2 cards that can't link. That's my luck but I just can't fathom this kind of inability to link two accounts. 

Message 12 of 17
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Certainly you can link them.....maybe its just a glitch....hope so. I have noticed their site to be a little sluggish the past few days.

*8/10/13
Message 13 of 17
HiLine
Blogger

My only call to Citi resulted in good things. Try talking to a human voice...

Message 14 of 17
HiLine
Blogger

@dodfire wrote:

Certainly you can link them.....maybe its just a glitch....hope so. I have noticed their site to be a little sluggish the past few days.

They recently switched to a new interface. Understandably it's not working great yet. And Citi's reputation with their website doesn't exactly help lol.

Message 15 of 17
Dubious
Frequent Contributor

I had a similar issue a few months back, but I don't quite remember the wording of my error message. While on the phone to customer service I logged out and when I logged back in both accounts were there. Customer service didn't have to do anything. 

Message 16 of 17
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

According to the call I just had with Online Technical Assistance 866-524-5090 they can't combine my two user ID accounts because they are co branded cards. I tried explaining that I have read online on several forums (specifically FT thread) where the issue was as simple as a missing middle initial but the CSR kept insisting the web site for each co branded card is different. I even explained I can sign on to each card from same starting point and that each card home screen looks identical. I was polite, thanked them for their time and got off phone. I will try again later and try moving up the chain to a supervisor or send a few secure emails. Or Twitter help. I'm sure there is a fix and I will try to figure out who I need to talk to for resolution. 

Good news is the iPhone app seems to store both logins so I can log in and a out quickly from the phone. Bank payment info stored so that may be the best way for me to access and make payments. 

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.