cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi cards only ones that give Equifax FICO?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi cards only ones that give Equifax FICO?

From what I have noticed, the bankcard score is super sensitive to new accounts and can take a huge score hit from new open accounts, whereas my EQ FICO 08 score did not.

Message 11 of 42
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It's the FICO Bankcard Score. Not the same as EQ FICO 08. I don't look at mine at all because it is not the score most lenders use.

As an example, the bankcard score (which no one uses) that they report for me can be as much as 25 points lower than an actual EQ FICO 08 which lenders do use. So I don't even bother looking at it.

Plenty of lenders use the bankcard score. but you are correct the majority just use the normal fico 08

citi is the main one that uses bankcard scores. so that is what they give. generally that score is higher than your normal fico 10-20 points.

Which ones specifically, taxi? Only ones I have found use EQ FICO 08.

Trying to remember with so many cards. I remember someone pulled my score and showed me my Tu bankcard score. i was like what. at this point honestly its all a blur with 29 cards. i give up.Smiley Very Happy

Message 12 of 42
taxi818
Super Contributor

Ok i remember.It was chase that used my Tu bankcard score as my EQ was frozen at the time and i got a pre approval. Honestly i thought they would pull experian as they do in my area mostly. When i applied in 2014 that is what they pulled. it was exactly one year ago i got the freedom and that is what they showed.

Message 13 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@taxi818 wrote:

Ok i remember.It was chase that used my Tu bankcard score as my EQ was frozen at the time and i got a pre approval. Honestly i thought they would pull experian as they do in my area mostly. When i applied in 2014 that is what they pulled. it was exactly one year ago i got the freedom and that is what they showed.

Sorry that happened .But do you know of anyone who actually uses the EQ bankcard score? I don't even think Citi did when they approved me, because the score they gave me on approval was not the same score showing online.

Message 14 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine is 41 points lower, I hate looking at it! 😡
Message 15 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

That's exactly why I don't look at it. It's not an accurate score. 

I suspect more people see a 30-40 point difference in these scores as I've heard of some others with that large of a variation. Useless score in my opinion.

Put it this way: the bankcard score Citi gives dropped 40 points one month, then 2 months later came back up about 20 points. During that whole time, my REAL EQ FICO 08 did not change more than a few points each month and in fact INCREASED at the same time bankcard score dropped like a rock.

I have never had a lender use a bankcard score- and that includes Citi, because the score they gave me when I was approved was my regular FICO 08 score. It's hard to understand why they provide the bankcard score if they themselves don't even seem to use it!

Message 16 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I suspect more people see a 30-40 point difference in these scores as I've heard of some others with that large of a variation. Useless score in my opinion.

Put it this way: the bankcard score Citi gives dropped 40 points one month, then 3 months later came back up about 25 points. During that whole time, my REAL EQ FICO 08 did not change more than a few points and in fact INCREASED each month.

Humu, I hate to do this but I have to disagree with you a bit.  The score is an 'accurate' score and is a Fico 08 score.  It just happens to be a version of the Fico 08 model that was designed for credit card companies just like they have versions for auto and mortgages.  Now I'm not aware of anyone that uses this version but it is possible.  It may be useless but it is a real score Smiley Wink

Message 17 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Put it this way: the bankcard score Citi gives dropped 40 points one month, then 3 months later came back up about 25 points. During that whole time, my REAL EQ FICO 08 did not change more than a few points and in fact INCREASED each month.

Humu, I hate to do this but I have to disagree with you a bit.  The score is an 'accurate' score and is a Fico 08 score.  It just happens to be a version of the Fico 08 model that was designed for credit card companies just like they have versions for auto and mortgages.  Now I'm not aware of anyone that uses this version but it is possible.  It may be useless but it is a real score Smiley Wink

No worries Irish, I know and understand what you are saying.  I don't know of anyone that uses that version either. Pretty useless. Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would be nice if the provided a FICO 08 version from Equifax.  It kind of makes scooping up a Citi card less appealing to me.  I guess there are no cards out there that provide a EQ FICO 08 score as far as we know?

Message 19 of 42
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Would be nice if the provided a FICO 08 version from Equifax.  It kind of makes scooping up a Citi card less appealing to me.  I guess there are no cards out there that provide a EQ FICO 08 score as far as we know?

If you want a card for the score then don't blame Citi because most want the rewards structure or other valuable features of a card 

The free scores while ok should only be a added bonus/perk of what you really wanted the card for and everyone should care more about is the card right for me ....Lol

Just sayin just my opinion tho 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 20 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.