Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi closed all my credit cards :(((

tag
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi closed all my credit cards :(((

@Anonymous wrote:

Im refinancing two homes and was going to go with Citi Wealth mgmt and deposit $500k there. Im going to walk into their private bank in Manhattan and ask **bleep**? 

At least Wells treats me like gold and has all my mortgage and investment business.   I just likedd citi for Americasn but I have BArclays Silver card with 75k limit so be it. 

I'm in shock over your situation.

I agree with calling the EO's office, IF you want to try to recover the credit lines.

It's possible some computer shut them down and if a human being, in UW reviews your file, they could be reopened.

The EO's office is wonderful to work with and will make sure a person see's your file. 

Wow... Just wow! 

Message 131 of 137
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ill call. The only thing I can think is Wells Fargo gave me a $50k card. I didnt really ask for it. They just offered it. I dont know why Citi would care. I spend 10-20k every month and pay them in full every month. I only care cause I fly American all the time and get double miles and the club. Ill call the EO.  Makes zero sense to me. They want to refinance my 3 homes. So weird.

Message 132 of 137
Anonymous
Not applicable

3 days ago I had fraud on 2 amex and my barclays card - online purchases.  Both called and sent me new cards. Do they notify other banks - still odd Citi would just close the accounts and not call 

Message 133 of 137
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I emailed the various Citi executives. They kicked my email to the executive office.

I got one email stating that one team would look into why my bank account was closed (Rarely used - generally 6 figure balance) and another team would look into why my 2 credit cards (often used) with $125k limits were closed. Said to expect answers in 10-14 days.

I am glad they are looking into this, but one would think if they closed all my accounts as a gold customer, they would have the reason available to them without much searching. Hoping it turns out to be a mistake and they reopen them. 

Very weird if you ask me. I've never had an account of any sort closed ever. 

Message 134 of 137
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@sghosh5 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Citi just closed $125k in credit cards for me.

$100k AA Exec

$25k AA Platinum

Scores are 825-830

Income is over $1million

Balances were under $5000

'

I called Citi and asked why. They say I have to send a letter to some address and ask why.

I still have $500k in credit at Amex Barclays BOA and Chase so Im not too concerned but I fly American a lot.

Why would they do this? These cards were 10+ years old and never paid late.

And why wont they give me any reason why>?

What jerks.

Tell me about that. You can call the executive office on work days from 9 am CST to 5 PM CST : 605-331-1698. They are still working on my request on reopening them but i doubt they will. They said i opened too many new accounts. My good credit and payment history is garbage for them. In fact the entire credit score/report things are BS. Companies approved much much higher credit line to people whose income is way low but they will treat people who have a steady high income and good credit like **bleep**. 

@sghosh5, @Anonymous - so based on the last EO engagement you both provided, it sounds like Citi didn't budge with reopening either of your accounts, correct? 

Message 135 of 137
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@sghosh5 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Citi just closed $125k in credit cards for me.

$100k AA Exec

$25k AA Platinum

Scores are 825-830

Income is over $1million

Balances were under $5000

'

I called Citi and asked why. They say I have to send a letter to some address and ask why.

I still have $500k in credit at Amex Barclays BOA and Chase so Im not too concerned but I fly American a lot.

Why would they do this? These cards were 10+ years old and never paid late.

And why wont they give me any reason why>?

What jerks.

Tell me about that. You can call the executive office on work days from 9 am CST to 5 PM CST : 605-331-1698. They are still working on my request on reopening them but i doubt they will. They said i opened too many new accounts. My good credit and payment history is garbage for them. In fact the entire credit score/report things are BS. Companies approved much much higher credit line to people whose income is way low but they will treat people who have a steady high income and good credit like **bleep**. 

@sghosh5, @Anonymous - so based on the last EO engagement you both provided, it sounds like Citi didn't budge with reopening either of your accounts, correct? 

Yes they said they cannot but i can open a new account in futre...smh. I will not go back to them. Have enough other good cards that i can keep using and build better relationship with them

Shell FCU : 5K
Message 136 of 137
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So I emailed the various Citi executives. They kicked my email to the executive office.

I got one email stating that one team would look into why my bank account was closed (Rarely used - generally 6 figure balance) and another team would look into why my 2 credit cards (often used) with $125k limits were closed. Said to expect answers in 10-14 days.

I am glad they are looking into this, but one would think if they closed all my accounts as a gold customer, they would have the reason available to them without much searching. Hoping it turns out to be a mistake and they reopen them. 

Very weird if you ask me. I've never had an account of any sort closed ever. 

From what I recall (but not all that reliable) with some banks, bank account closure can cause credit card closure (e.g. Chase "unsatisfactory relationship with affiliate" ) but not always the other way round.   If so, that would suggest some trigger on the banking side (which could include something like a deposit from, or a payment to, someone/something deemed suspicious).    Guess we are still just in the 10-14 day window!

Message 137 of 137
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.