Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi closed all my credit cards :(((

tag
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi closed all my credit cards :(((

Also I hope my AA miles dont drop. I already got the Sign up bonus of 50K miles from the AA card. 

Shell FCU : 5K
Message 21 of 137
Aspireto850
Established Contributor

Score dropped @70 pts cuz closing that credit line raised my utilization quite a bit. It was the last card I had opened (2013) so it had minimal impact to my AAofA. This just happen in April.

Message 22 of 137
MrDFinance
Established Contributor

This is so unfair.... Only thing I can think of is them maybe looking at your income versus how much credit you had available between your whole card portfolio and them choosing not lend you credit because of it... But with zero percent utilization your showing your responsible so I don't get it....
Message 23 of 137
Medic981
Valued Contributor

@sghosh5 wrote:

Also I hope my AA miles dont drop. I already got the Sign up bonus of 50K miles from the AA card. 

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, however, I was reading Chases Terms and Conditions and in there it stated that if Chase closed an account with rewards, points, miles, etc... that those were forfeit. I imagine that Citi has the same provisions in place as well.

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 24 of 137
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

@Aspireto850 wrote:
@Anonymous dropped @70 pts cuz closing that credit line raised my utilization quite a bit. It was the last card I had opened (2013) so it had minimal impact to my AAofA. This just happen in April.

Ah, then i should still be fine. I basically have 0 balance on all my credit cards

Message 25 of 137
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

@Medic981 wrote:

@sghosh5 wrote:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, however, I was reading Chases Terms and Conditions and in there it stated that if Chase closed an account with rewards, points, miles, etc... that those were forfeit. I imagine that Citi has the same provisions in place as well.

Well if that happens, what to do...i already too sad for account closure. I am grown up man and should have thought about these. All it hurts that these accounts were my hard work and kept paying them full every month still they treated me like i cheated them or something. Anyway lesson learnt and wanted to share this with you all. I need to stop reading the approval forum so that i dont start applying. 

Message 26 of 137
Medic981
Valued Contributor

@

Message 27 of 137
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

I will try. I know they are like robots and most of them are based in foreign country and will just read from a script. But will still try hard

Message 28 of 137
SBR249
Established Contributor

@Medic981 wrote:

@sghosh5 wrote:

I believe that it's usually the case that unredeemed rewards remain the property of the bank until redemption. So if the AA miles were automatically deposited into your AAdvantage account, that would count as a redemption. But if you had something like Citi ThankYou points, Chase UR points, AmEx MR points, etc. and you kept them in your card account, they are considered bank property and can be forfeit at any time subject to the credit card agreement. 

Message 29 of 137
Medic981
Valued Contributor

@sghosh5 wrote:

I will try. I know they are like robots and most of them are based in foreign country and will just read from a script. But will still try hard

I wish you the best of luck! Thanks again for sharing.

Message 30 of 137
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.