Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi credit combining

tag
JaeJae12
Frequent Contributor

Citi credit combining

So just a few days ago I called citi to move some credit limit around on my cards, and they let me do it.. I know it may be a ymmv situation but I called the customer service from the prestige line and they were able to do so, it took 24hrs and they had actually called me back stating it was completed.. now my D.C. Close to 100k credit line Smiley Happy

BCE- 50 k-BOA 123 100k -Freedom unlimited-95k- Citi DC- 200k-CSR 175k
Garden mode

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi credit combining

Awesome and I agree based on my readings on Citi that success in credit line combining is YMMV. They have allowed me to combine credit lines and close cards. Some folks not so much.
Message 2 of 13
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

Congrats on getting your limits adjusted.... thanks for data points,, I was just recommending someone look into doing this...

Message 3 of 13
yfan
Valued Contributor

Hmm, I might try this. Depends on when I think the life of my CDP should come to an end.

Message 4 of 13
Credit_hawk
Established Contributor

HP?

FICO- Experian: 797, TransUnion: 781, Equifax: 804 (Updated Monthly)
Message 5 of 13
resilient
Established Contributor

I was successful about a month ago with might from my Hilton to American Airlines. Used an account manager to process. Very much YMMV.
Amex Platinum Amex PRG Amex Hilton Surpass ($7k) Citi AAdvantage WEMC ($20k) Citi Hilton Honors VS ($6.8k) Dillard's Amex ($7.5k) Discover it ($6.5k) FNBO Chrysler MC ($30k) Military Star Card ($4.8k) Nordstrom VS ($25k) PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS ($20.5k) Ritz-Carlton VI ($54.5k) Starwood Preferred Guest Amex ($10k) Susan G. Komen WMC ($38k) Kinetic CU Visa ($10k) US Bank Cash + VS ($16k) Sears MC ($6k) USAA Limitless VS ($15k) Walmart MC ($7.5k) AAdvantage Aviator Silver WEMC ($11.3k)
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JaeJae12 wrote:

So just a few days ago I called citi to move some credit limit around on my cards, and they let me do it.. I know it may be a ymmv situation but I called the customer service from the prestige line and they were able to do so, it took 24hrs and they had actually called me back stating it was completed.. now my D.C. Close to 100k credit line Smiley Happy

Wow. Is that the highest citi dc limit here? What is your purchase APR?  Ask for reductions on the APR!

Also, I would inquire about that citi forward. My old fav.  You could product change that to a diamond preferred. They get recurrent bt offers, as well as 5% off 500 offers, sometimes monthly, lots of  users got 1.9% apr for a year on the card too.  Ask for apr reduction first before the PC.  Now that you have the DC theres no need for the fwd as its basically a citi thank you preferred.

What are your travel/cashback goals? What is next for you? How did you get all these huge limits?  Very impressed!  You probably dont care about APR or pay interest but its worth mentioning in the event you do.

Message 7 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Wow if you have 100k credit line for a DC now i can see why theyd have no problem moving limits for you. If one is profitable im sure there are exceptions to be made easily. NiceSmiley Happy
Message 8 of 13
JaeJae12
Frequent Contributor

So far no credit goals for this year besides gardening.. unless something very lucrative comes up lol, I think it was a pull but the rep had said they were using a previous hp( less than a month old) and so far no new hp alert on my credit report. I don't pay any interest as I Always PIF every month( thanks auto pay) but I will try and call in and ask for a Apr reduction just for the heck of it, currently my DC Apr is at 12.34% dunno if they will go any lower.

BCE- 50 k-BOA 123 100k -Freedom unlimited-95k- Citi DC- 200k-CSR 175k
Garden mode

Message 9 of 13
pip3man
Valued Contributor

Ask for an APR reduction. Mine is currently at 5.49% with the recent prime rate increase and on top of that I got an active 1.9% promotional rate that expires later this year. So it Doesn't hurt to try

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.