Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi divident plat or forward?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi divident plat or forward?

i was lloking at citi cards and could not decide which one to app for. I want to have signup bonus and cashback ... 

which one is easy card to get ?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi divident plat or forward?

What are your typical spending patterns? The cards have different high cash back categories. You are already hitting a lot of good cash back categories with your current cards. 

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 2 of 6
FutureBillionaire
Established Contributor

Forward every day of the week, and twice on Sunday.

Gas: Discover It, Penfed Platinum Rewards x2, Chase freedom, Citi TYP
Plane tickets: CSP
Groceries: AMEX BCP, Penfed Platinum Rewards,Citi TYP
Clothes: Express, Amex BCP, Discover IT
Amazon: Citi Forward, Cash +
Restaurants: Citi Forward, Chase Freedom, Discover IT, CSP
Hotels and other travel: Discover Escape, CSP
Movies: BofA travel rewards visa signature(fandango), Discover IT, Citi Forward, Freedom
Bars, clubs, tomfoolery: CSP, Citi Forward, Discover IT, Freedom
Balance transfers: Kroger 123 rewards
Bill Pay: Chase Ink Plus, Citi Forward,
Everyday spending: Bofa Accelerated cash rewards amex, Discover Escape
Message 3 of 6
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

Between those two I would choose the Dividend

Message 4 of 6
nickn86
Contributor

Since you already have two rotating 5% cards I'd go with Forward if you spend money on restaurants at all.

Chase Sapphire Preferred - 5.6k (3/13) | Amex Premier Rewards Gold - NPSL (1/13) | Chase United MileagePlus Explorer Visa Signature - 9k (1/13) | Amex Delta Gold - 6k (9/12) | Citi Forward Visa - 10k (10/12) | Discover It - 2k (2/12) | Chase +1 Visa - $300 (2/11)
Message 5 of 6
sakhalin070
Frequent Contributor

I'd go with the Forward as well.  Like others have pointed out, you already have Discover and the Freedom.  The Dividend's categories (well, IMO at least) tend to be overwhelming.  This quarter (toy stores, electronics stores, and Macy's) is decent, but next quarter sucks bootyhole. Smiley Sad  The Forward gives you 5x per dollar spent at restaurants AND fast food, bookstores (it counts AMAZON.COM as a bookstore!!!), movies, and music stores.  Pretty good categories if you ask me. 

AMEX BCE, Discover IT, Citi Forward, BoA Travel Rewards, Barclaycard Cash Forward
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.