Did you mean: 

Citi double cash PC

tag
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi double cash PC

@MstrPTato wrote:

@nutsaboutrewards wrote:

I am still really annoyed at Citi. When I called last week to PC my dividend to DC the rep said wasn't possible and that I would need to apply. She didn't say it's not possible NOW - or call back next week, etc, etc. Hard INQ, new account, etc. So now what? Do I PC the dividend to DC? Will citi let me have two accounts of the same type? My dividend is over 10 years old so I need to keep the account open for AAoA. The other option is to move most of the credit line from the dividend to the DC, but make sure I use the dividend once every few months to keep it open. What I'd really like is for Citi to fix this; convert my old account and never report the new account. I could live with the INQ.. but I seriously doubt they would do this. It rwould require a manual process I'm sure.

I was wondering the same...Will they let you have two of the same card? I would prefer to have the Double Cash with the higher limit than having the Double Cash and Dividends with both smaller limits.

I think I would prefer to have both if possible.  Utilize the 5% categories even though lately I haven't been a fan of their categories and use the Citi DC for everything else.

The thing that I do like about the Dividend card is they don't max out per quarter but for the year.  So if there was a good quarterly category you can max out the 6k instead of the usual $1500 per quarter that most have.

Message 11 of 119
ShadowRegent

@Anonymous wrote:

Just to confirm... Those of you that did the PC - it wasn't a HP, correct? Thanks

Correct.

Amex Platinum (NPSL), Amex BCP (80k), Amex ED (70k), Chase Freedom ($59k), Discover It (49k), Chase CS ($33k), Citi Prestige (30.5k), Citi Double Cash (26.9k), Capital One Quicksilver (25k), BofA Cash Rewards (22k), PSECU Visa (20k), Barclaycard Arrival+ (15k), Citi TY (12.2k),

Current Scores: EXP 786 (FICO), TU 807 (FICO), EQ 841 (FICO)
Message 12 of 119
shmacckk
Regular Contributor

I just converted my TYP card to the Double Cash. It took five less then 10 min. I am wondering since its going from visa to mastercard is this a new tradeline on my credit report?

Message 13 of 119
JaeJae12
Frequent Contributor

Just converted my TYP as well, same limit and apr 10.99% lols, I tired asking for a WEMC but they said it's not available right now Smiley Sad

BCE- 50 k-BOA 123 100k -Freedom unlimited-95k- Citi DC- 200k-CSR 175k
Garden mode

Message 14 of 119
dumaine
Regular Contributor

My Diamond Preferred is now Double Cash Card, took all of 5 minutes and was showing online as changed before we ended the call. Went for APR reduction and was told nothing available at this time. I have had card for 1 yr + 2 weeks with minimal spend on it with a $3450 limit.

Message 15 of 119
Simply827
Established Contributor

@ShadowRegent wrote:

@MstrPTato wrote:

Did you lose your accumulated dollars?

No, they converted along with the card.  I wonder if purchases I make between now and when I get the card will get credited at 2% since the cashback account shows as double cash now.

New card number, but still a Visa (though I'd have rather had the MC to use at Sam's).

What did they convert to? So if you had 8k points, do you now have $80 in cash back?

Starting Score: 515
Current Score: EQ08 711 EX08 731 TU08 735
Goal Score: 740+

Amex BCP $25k | Discover IT $15.7k | Cap 1 QS $10k | PSECU $10k | Citi DC $9300 | Citi DP $6800 | Barclay Ring $6500 | PayPal Extras MC $5045 | DCU $5000 | Chase Slate $5000 | Barclays AA $4100 | Chase Freedom $4000 | Union Plus $1000 | Target $500
Message 16 of 119
ShadowRegent

@Simply827 wrote:

@ShadowRegent wrote:

@MstrPTato wrote:

Did you lose your accumulated dollars?

No, they converted along with the card.  I wonder if purchases I make between now and when I get the card will get credited at 2% since the cashback account shows as double cash now.

New card number, but still a Visa (though I'd have rather had the MC to use at Sam's).

What did they convert to? So if you had 8k points, do you now have $80 in cash back?

I had a Dividend card which is a cashback card as well, so the cashback transferred straight-- $5 before, $5 after.

Amex Platinum (NPSL), Amex BCP (80k), Amex ED (70k), Chase Freedom ($59k), Discover It (49k), Chase CS ($33k), Citi Prestige (30.5k), Citi Double Cash (26.9k), Capital One Quicksilver (25k), BofA Cash Rewards (22k), PSECU Visa (20k), Barclaycard Arrival+ (15k), Citi TY (12.2k),

Current Scores: EXP 786 (FICO), TU 807 (FICO), EQ 841 (FICO)
Message 17 of 119
CreditJim
Established Contributor

I'll be interested to see if anyone is able to PC from an AAdvantage card.

Quicksilver 51k | Discover It $45k | Bonvoy Business $38k | Lowe's $35k | Costco $33.5k | SWACU $30k | Ink Preferred $28k | USAA Rewards $25k | Ink Cash $22.5k | Ink Preferred $22k | Amex Blue Business Plus $17k | Freedom Flex $16k | Freedom $14k | CSR $10k | Amazon Store $10k | Amazon Business $3k | REI $3k
Message 18 of 119
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi informed me there would be no hard inquiry for the product conversion and that it would show in the credit bureau as a data replacement using the same account information. In the past I have done four different product conversions and all did NOT require a hard inquiry and all utilized the same account data. In fact, Citi "backdates" and shows me as a "member since" back to the first year of account opening. Also, I still have my Citi Dividend World Elite Mastercard and my Citi Forward Visa (old 5x points) Signature Cards which gives me max flexibility on categories, caps and spending for great flexibility!

Message 19 of 119
Anonymous
Not applicable

What number did you guys call? I've been on hold for 40 mins at 800-950-5114 and it's just dead silence. Trying to figure out if my call is lost in a black hole.

Message 20 of 119
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.