Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi double cash PC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi double cash PC

celluloid7 - I was just guessing and thinking outside the box. Odds were I could have been just as wrong as right. Forgot, I got the same 45 day wait as it is part of the Credit Card Act.

Message 41 of 119
ficobgtx
Regular Contributor

I just convered my TYP, and got the T&C change in Oct as well, but I would get the card in 7-10 business days from today.

The biggest shock to me was they said max of $300 redeemed/yr on the new card! Has anyone else heard that? As this is my "catch all" card and I problably will not meet that (UR/SPG for a lot more of my spend), I didn't complain. But if others get this, it could be bad news.

Also - my TYP was an amex. At first, they said they could covert the double cash as an amex - but came back and said they could not, and offered me the conversion to mastercard.

I have 60 days to use my TYPs - had to have them fix my Thankyou account, as I haven't been able to redeem points on their website... their guess was that my card was "compromised" more than a year ago, and although I've received the points (see them on my statement), the website has always shown "not available." So they created a separate Thankyou account, with a new username that has all of my 8k points available for redemtion (and must be used in 60 days).

TU - 850 (BOA TU08 FICO/Barclay TU08), 831 (CK FAKO)
EQ - 870 (CITI FICO), 848 (ATFCU FICO), 831 (CK FAKO)
EX - 841 (AMEX FICO)
Message 42 of 119
celluloid17
Established Contributor

@ficobgtx wrote:

I just convered my TYP, and got the T&C change in Oct as well, but I would get the card in 7-10 business days from today.

The biggest shock to me was they said max of $300 redeemed/yr on the new card! Has anyone else heard that? As this is my "catch all" card and I problably will not meet that (UR/SPG for a lot more of my spend), I didn't complain. But if others get this, it could be bad news.

Also - my TYP was an amex. At first, they said they could covert the double cash as an amex - but came back and said they could not, and offered me the conversion to mastercard.

I have 60 days to use my TYPs - had to have them fix my Thankyou account, as I haven't been able to redeem points on their website... their guess was that my card was "compromised" more than a year ago, and although I've received the points (see them on my statement), the website has always shown "not available." So they created a separate Thankyou account, with a new username that has all of my 8k points available for redemtion (and must be used in 60 days).

This is the first I've seen someone mention this.  Kind of annoying how it seems like their CSRs all have different information.  

How are you going to use your Thank You Points?

Message 43 of 119
dumaine
Regular Contributor

@ficobgtx wrote:

Yes I was told that as well....

Message 44 of 119
ficobgtx
Regular Contributor

@celluloid17 wrote:

@ficobgtx wrote:

This is the first I've seen someone mention this.  Kind of annoying how it seems like their CSRs all have different information.  

Looks like the best deal is one of the gift cards - so it looks like $75 in walmart gift cards it is... at least that is $0.01/point. I hardly shop there, but I guess I can find something.

I have the account linked to amazon as well, and you can use the points at checkout, but the redemption is not good. So I'll use the remaining 511 typoints on an amazon purcahse today, but it looks like about a $0.0075 point redemption... not even $0.01/point. That is the reason this card has been in the SD!

TU - 850 (BOA TU08 FICO/Barclay TU08), 831 (CK FAKO)
EQ - 870 (CITI FICO), 848 (ATFCU FICO), 831 (CK FAKO)
EX - 841 (AMEX FICO)
Message 45 of 119
techiegirl
Regular Contributor

Has anybody tried PC'ing the Simplicity?  We were told today it's not possible. 

FICO: EQ - 809 TU- 808 EX - 797
Message 46 of 119
celluloid17
Established Contributor

@ficobgtx wrote:

@celluloid17 wrote:

@ficobgtx wrote:

Looks like the best deal is one of the gift cards - so it looks like $75 in walmart gift cards it is... at least that is $0.01/point. I hardly shop there, but I guess I can find something.

I have the account linked to amazon as well, and you can use the points at checkout, but the redemption is not good. So I'll use the remaining 511 typoints on an amazon purcahse today, but it looks like about a $0.0075 point redemption... not even $0.01/point. That is the reason this card has been in the SD!

It's a shame that the Amazon conversion is lackluster, but it seems like gift cards are the only way to go with TYPs to get the best value.  

Message 47 of 119
Simply827
Established Contributor

@ficobgtx wrote:

@celluloid17 wrote:

@ficobgtx wrote:

Do you have a student loan or mortgage? You can call and request a check to be applied to either of them. I applied my signup bonus to my student loan. The redemption is 1 cpp.

Starting Score: 515
Current Score: EQ08 711 EX08 731 TU08 735
Goal Score: 740+

Amex BCP $25k | Discover IT $15.7k | Cap 1 QS $10k | PSECU $10k | Citi DC $9300 | Citi DP $6800 | Barclay Ring $6500 | PayPal Extras MC $5045 | DCU $5000 | Chase Slate $5000 | Barclays AA $4100 | Chase Freedom $4000 | Union Plus $1000 | Target $500
Message 48 of 119
Dkillett

Just converted my Diamond Preferred to Double Cash.  Took about 5 mins on the phone with CS. 

Message 49 of 119
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@ficobgtx wrote:

@celluloid17 wrote:

@ficobgtx wrote:

Do you have a student loan/mortgage? You can call to redeem for that, 1 point = 1 cent. You just tell them which bank you have it with (although, they don't actually check themselves, and you can give them any ol' bank), and they send the check directly to you. Many have reported signing the back and depositing into their own account.

Message 50 of 119
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.