Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi double cash and other cards cli

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi double cash and other cards cli

How in the world can I get higher credit limits right now my highest limit is on a secured card 599$ my Citi DC card is only 500 my income is pretty decent and I've seen people making 25000 a year but have 2k 3k limits and I'm over here with 500.. I don't get it my scores are high 600s Experian being 700 with no collections or negative marks what so ever my aaoa is kinda low still
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi double cash and other cards cli

Your average age is actually really low, at 6 months according to your signature. So, it’s really a time thing now. Use your cards responsibly, PIF, keep reported utilization low and good things will come to you.

You’ll read it time and time again: building credit is a marathon, not a sprint. It’s hard to be patient, but patience helps immensely.

Edit: you can also find someone responsible that has a card with lots of good history and keeps utilization low and ask them to add you as an AU (just not an AMEX card). That will help boost your average age in a hurry, especially if you can find a card with years of history. Think mom, dad, husband, wife, etc.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

What’s the age of your oldest account? That’s probably not very old either?
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

My oldest account is my capital one secured card and it's at 13 months right still no graduation on that card to unfortunately but that's besides the point and my newest is my auto loan about to turn two months old
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I kinda figured on that but still I've seen people with around my age of credit with way higher limits and alot more accounts idk I just kinda feel like I'm doing something wrong I always pif a couple times a month hardly ever report more than 10% utilization of credit I don't get it I had a few collections in the past but they've all been removed from my report thanks to Goodwill letters and my scores are decent.
Message 5 of 8
BigNorm4Life
Established Member

Capital One won't graduate your card. You have to roll the dice and see if you can get approved for another card

Go to the pre-apporval page  and pick 1 of the first to cards that pop up. 

Message 6 of 8
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Yeah I kinda figured on that but still I've seen people with around my age of credit with way higher limits and alot more accounts idk I just kinda feel like I'm doing something wrong I always pif a couple times a month hardly ever report more than 10% utilization of credit I don't get it I had a few collections in the past but they've all been removed from my report thanks to Goodwill letters and my scores are decent.

Until you stop comparing your credit profile with others, you will drive yourself crazy. Every single credit profile is different. They look similar on the surface but they’re not similar. There’s income, AAOA, AoYA, DTI, scores, UT, inqs, relationships, history—these all play into one’s algorithm. 

Time and patience. These two things work miracles. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 7 of 8
xaximus
Valued Contributor

@CreditInspired wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Until you stop comparing your credit profile with others, you will drive yourself crazy. Every single credit profile is different. They look similar on the surface but they’re not similar. There’s income, AAOA, AoYA, DTI, scores, UT, inqs, relationships, history—these all play into one’s algorithm. 

Time and patience. These two things work miracles. 

+1. You have the same age as a person, similar cards, but scores will be completely different. It's near impossible to compare your credit to anyone elses. All you can do really is guesstimate. I would not worry about anyone elses CP and concentrate on your own for now. Scan your reports and make sure all the baddies are off. I would start looking into other cards that may help you get a higher limit.

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.