Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi double cash card cli problem.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi double cash card cli problem.

I got the card in march of 2016 with a 1k starting limit. It was my first credit card so i understood the low starting limit. Since then i got a discover it with a 1k starting limit that has been bumped up to 1700. I also just got a quicksilver with a 3k sl and a amex bce with a 10k sl. I always pif and tried multiple sp cli that have all resulted in denials. Im just curious if anyone else has expierence with citi. Do they eventually start to bump you up or if you start with a low sl are you stuck there? Also all of my fico scores are in the range of 720-740.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Citi double cash card cli problem.

@Anonymous wrote:

I got the card in march of 2016 with a 1k starting limit. It was my first credit card so i understood the low starting limit. Since then i got a discover it with a 1k starting limit that has been bumped up to 1700. I also just got a quicksilver with a 3k sl and a amex bce with a 10k sl. I always pif and tried multiple sp cli that have all resulted in denials. Im just curious if anyone else has expierence with citi. Do they eventually start to bump you up or if you start with a low sl are you stuck there? Also all of my fico scores are in the range of 720-740.

Wait until the credit limit increase has soft pull language (no credit report will be needed) then apply.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

All of the request have been online through the sp feature. I do not plan on getting anymore cards for awhile and just letting these 4 grow. So maybe down the road they will start to give me increases.

Message 3 of 5
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Citi can be an odd duck.  I had the same issue...my DC was stuck at $1400...SP request never yeild any results.  Called in, took the HP, asked for $10k and got it.  Sometimes you just gotta take the HP if you know your scores, profile, and utilization justifies a better limit.  It's not a guarantee but at least you have solid ground to stand on.  Oh, and wouldn't hurt to actually be using the card.  I was near max and paying off twice a month so I felt as though I had a sound arguement when I called in.  The rep agreed and a CLI was approved.  My scores hovered around the 700-710 mark and they pulled EQ for the increase.  Good luck to you...

Message 4 of 5
Samac
Regular Contributor

With Citi I had to suck it up and take a hard pull. I was paying for a $3000 vacation and wanted to use that card. It had a $2500 limit. Took the hard pull and they bumped me to 8k. Only hand pull CLI I think was worth it.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.